Friday, September 18, 2026

Another week in Emberville

 

Would you believe I bought that turquoise cow for her two years ago in August, when she was spayed and needed new toys?  It's still surviving, it even still squeaks!

I washed it with a few of her other toys last week.  After they dried, I put them in the basement crate.  Ember has this habit of not wanting to play fetch, but if later she finds the ball while going about her business outside, she'll bring it up to the deck or inside.  This extended to the toys in the basement crate... one by one, she's been bringing them upstairs and playing with them, as though they were "new".

Both Monday and Wednesday were rainy days when we had to juggle the walk schedule.  Ember did OK with it, but she has expectations!

Friday is predicted to hit 90℉.  I overslept!  I was kind of hurried getting down to the pets.  Ember and I went walking early, so as to avoid the heat to come.  It's mid-September and we're still going to have one last day of HEAT.  

The amusing part of Friday morning's walk is that Ember walked right by on the sidewalk today, at the house where they added a new half-buried skeleton to the two upright standing ones this year.  Twice since they put it up, she took me to the opposite side of the street.  This morning, we were OK if a little skittish right on the sidewalk next to it.


On the decluttering front, I had a couple of "easy" 15-minute sessions, with the file cabinet drawers, the bedding tubs, and deciding on a storage strategy for the master bedroom bathroom.  At this point, I would say about half of the master bedroom is in "beta test" mode.  The challenge will be if it fits into my normal routine, or if my normal routine works out a way for this tidier look to function and not accumulate piles again.  The next prescription run, the next day when I'm too exhausted to sort the junk mail or statements to be filed, etc. will be the real test.

That's it!  A calm and quiet, and mostly rainy week, in the books.  Here's hoping your lives are giving you some peace, amid whatever is going on in them!

Life is good.  Spark on!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Another week in Emberville

  Would you believe I bought that turquoise cow for her two years ago in August, when she was spayed and needed new toys?  It's still su...