Monday, June 7, 2021

First entry: a new chapter.


By way of introduction, I am a SparkPeople.com refugee! 😄😄 That's what it feels like, a refugee in search of a new blogging home.  There are many features of blogging that I care little about, so I'm starting here on Blogger, simply because it seems relatively easy to start.

This morning I was too tired to go through the exercise of starting a blog on a new platform.  This afternoon, I'm willing to give it a shot!  The secret:  I took a little nap first.  The photo above is from 2012, from the Color Run in Omaha, Nebraska.  It was a hot day, and this was from a photo booth after the miles were behind me.  I'd seen others leaping to get action shots, and thought I'd give it a try.  

Don't expect a lot of fanciness especially at first.  Those of you who are following me over from SparkPeople know what I'm about.  I blog for self-motivation, for the most part.  It started with a weight loss journey, in 2009.  Followed by some fitness goals, and eventually, participation in triathlons.  My athletic days are pretty much in the past, already, having started in my mid-fifties, and winding down post-retiring from work, the end of 2017.  But these events gave me a great deal of joy and a sense of accomplishment.

I was inspired by my fellow Sparkers, and we had a nice safe little encouraging environment in which to share our thoughts as we worked our way past individual hurdles.  I'm going to explore this venue for a while, just to see if it will work for a similar purpose.  I'll end this blog today with my usual advice to those who read:

This is the one and only Monday, June 7, 2021 we'll ever get.  Make good choices in it, best you can wherever you are in your own journey:  choices that support your health and well-being, physical, mental, and spiritual.  After all, each and every one of us is worth taking care of.💗🙏

30 comments:

  1. Glad you decided to give this a try I've been writing here for some time and I may've taken a break but always come back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we'll see how it works for me... looks like it's kept you going!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you. One nice feature here... reply to comments!

      Delete
  3. Found the comment box! Have jumped to here from Spark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being a "tester" for the link! And thanks for coming by.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you found another place to blog. I know I will miss your Spark blogs and now I have something to look forward to. Keep blogging.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am, will do! And thanks for popping by!

      Delete
  5. Interesting place your found here. Like you, I enjoy an electronic journal with pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still figuring it out... oh, well, learning is good for us!

      Delete
  6. Glad you found a place to share your thoughts and your journey
    ~Debrita01

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found your way here. Thanks for popping by.

      Delete
  7. Found you! Woo hoo! Hope to do so repeatedly.
    (Hugs)
    Ace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo Hoo, indeed! Would you believe that on my phone Sparkpeople app, Kevin's Boston success story popped up as featured this morning. That started me down the path of copying my own featured blogs. Well, that and a Spark Goodie from DALID414 who mentioned that the Mud Run Story was what got her believing that she could trust the process. Well, after THAT, I kind of have to save them, don't I?

      Delete
  8. Looks like you moved from blogger to blogspot? All good, so long as we can find you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger and BlogSpot are essentially the same thing. You go to Blogger to manage your blogs, and blogspot.com becomes your url by default.

      Delete
  9. By golly! The magic worked - we're on our way, hon... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Onward! Thanks for taking the time to find me!

      Delete
  10. Well ... learning new things. I thought I "commented" on my post but it must be in cyber space.

    So glad you came up with a way for me to "follow" you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also found out that I could not follow to my OWN blog from the Sparkpeople app version of my Spark blog. Still more to learn!

      Delete
  11. Hey Barb! I'm glad you told me that you were coming over here. Now I gotta figure out how to follow you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, got this advice from Lady_Arabesque (whom you might remember as HayBurner1969 over on Spark): click on the B on the upper left side to get the menu to appear. Toward the bottom is "Reading List". You can add links to blogs you want to follow, on Blogger or other platforms, by clicking on "Manage" in the upper right of the Reading List. Next time you navigate to the Reading list, the most recent posts from all the blogs on your Reading List show up.

      Right now, I'm flooded with entries from Sparkers who are saving their old blogs over here... but they all show up as current, so... might crowd out others for a while.

      But you can click "manage" and then directly navigate to any specific blogger you want to read.

      Delete
  12. Hello fellow refugee! Glad you decided to continue blogging/publishing. Will keep up with you and even throw in the occasional comment or two (assuming I can figure out how... the first attempt disappeared... LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clearly, you figured it out! This one didn't disappear! Glad to see your smiling words here. Hopefully there will be a core community that we can preserve and feel like refugees in exile, at least!

      Delete
    2. P.S. will Brody be getting a blog over here? Hint, hint?

      Delete
  13. Just checking to see if this works.. thoms1

    ReplyDelete
  14. I cannot believe it worked. thoms1

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great way to ease into a new life after sparkpeople.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, kind of like the spaghetti theory of design... throw it against a wall and see what sticks! LOL.

      Delete

Wet Friday

The overnight was "interesting" balancing cat, dog, and weather.  It looks to be a very drippy Friday, and more showers are predic...