A giant tree, you've seen it in my sunrise photos, and in my moonscapes. It is my neighbor's tree. It is HUGE. Must be 30 feet tall. As big around the trunk as four mature trees.
I noticed this morning that my neighbor to the East was parking all his vehicles on the west side of my house, as opposed to where he normally left them during the workday, in his driveway and along the street south of my house.
OK, something's up, I thought. Maybe they are having something delivered, and need driveway access? Guests coming, perhaps?
Nope. About two p.m. this big rig showed up and guys in reflective gear started putting ropes around the tree. A little while later, they had a guy up in a cherry picker in the mix. Branches began being thinned out, and a chipper was put into service.
It was clear that this would take several hours. I could still hear them buzzing away, at 7 p.m.The Prisoner came in with confetti sized wood chip on his coat. When I went to pick up Ember from daycare and brought her home, she went out and sniffed at the deck. The deck was getting a dusting of those tiny wood chips, brought by the wind from the chipper.
I will miss this tree. I have no doubt that my neighbors will miss it, too, as it provided excellent shade from the afternoon sun! Their A/C bill will no doubt go up.
It took, in the end, more than 24 hours!
Down to the final trunk standing.
Then shorter.







No comments:
Post a Comment