Saturday morning, August 1st, dawned amazingly cool. As in 61℉. Ember and I took a nice long leash walk, 1.76 miles. We were both pretty happy. The only blotch on the walk was a spot where some truck must have hit a bump and a large collection of manure clods fell into the middle of the street. This was just too much for Ember... so tempting! I had to direct traffic while trying to convince her to take me back to a sidewalk... I did not care about which side. Two very kind drivers stopped and waited for this to happen.
After the furry one went down for her morning nap, I changed into shorts as the day was warming up and drove myself to meet the family group who were going to the County Fair. Oh, my, it was a classic fair outing. We found FGC's drawing entry.We played bingo for cash... The Mythical Son won one game. I split the pot on another.
We moved on to a bungy jumping ride: 100 jumps for 20 bucks. DIL picked up the tab for FGC to have a go! Adult audience, watching kiddo on the bungy jumping thingy.
Then we played with the Kawasaki models of offroad vehicles for a while (don't worry, not enabled for actual driving, and the Mythical Son was riding watch on the kiddo).
Next kiddo was ready for food, he thought, but the vendors were not open yet on the midway. We settled for donuts and lemonade in the building. Then went and found the animal exhibits. The avian fans found one cage of bantams labeled with the name "the Three Bobs". Which of course merited a photo by the Bob in our group! I visited the sheep and goats; we even checked out the hogs. Cattle were in the ring being shown.Next up, the rides. On the way down the midway, I saw someone I thought I recognized! My niece and her fiancé! Of course, there's the off chance it's not them, and I had not met the fiancé in person before, but I took my courage in hand and touched my niece on the shoulder. It was them! We chatted for a bit then I had to go find son, DIL and FGC, so we parted ways.
I ducked out early to come home to Ember, who had been left in her crate. I had lasted three hours, though. My toes were feeling cramped. I took off my shoes and socks, which led to a game of chase inside the house, and some extra toe licking. I think she's only seen me barefoot a handful of times. I gave her an extra chew stick as a treat for being such a good girl (and giving me back my socks).
I got a message from my DIL that they had found my niece, too, after the rides! Yay for small worlds!
Oh, and those of you who were predicting Kiddo might get sick from all that fried food followed by that kind of rides? You were right... after they got home, he got sick, threw up, and pronounced he felt a lot better! Guess some lessons are learned by experience, eh?
I have not yet heard from Lynda (LEANJEAN6) and I'm hoping she's OK. I have seen a lot of comments on her most recent blog (with no photos, asking for help with the blog), but she has not called me back. If her daughter was there, or maybe one of her sons can help. I think I have an email for her somewhere, and I am a Facebook friend, but I have not seen any new Facebook content since the 24th of July, either. Prayers, folks!
Life is good! Keep on Sparking!






Barb, glad you had such a great outing with the family. I have been praying for Lynda since the 25th. I think Matt would have told Allison how to fix the blog. My prayers are that something has not happened to her. Surely family members could see she has messages on her phone. I will leave it in the hands of God.
ReplyDeleteMaureen from California