Ember was deprived of her leash walk on Wednesday because of her hu-mom feeling her age. I woke with a screaming lower back, pondering "what on earth did I even do yesterday?"
About mid-day it dawned on me: stooping and staying stooped, bouncing a bit as I picked up plastic bottles or metal cans to lift from my own bin into the big bins at the recycling center. It's that bouncing in the stooped position that's dangerous! That, and stretching in funny directions while weeding.
Anyway, by evening it has calmed down. I wanted to keep my 10 minutes streak going over on Spark, so I brought a pair of dumbbells upstairs and did some upper body weights and gentle squats and lunges. Ember got three car rides over the course of the day to make up for me being reluctant to make my sore back worse if she got distracted on leash!
I wanted to reward her for being so patient with me. We went to the coffee drive-thru in the morning. After her first puppy nap, since it was cool enough for her to stay in the car, we went together to the grocery store. At lunch time she rode with me to the election commissioner's office to drop off my request for an early ballot.
As for Spark, it is a time of transition again. Five years ago, it was transitioning off Spark and into our various "life rafts". None of the life rafts were complete, but we have kept along, haven't we?
Now there's the potential of re-transition back to Spark. But several of us may be leery. How much can we trust it? I mean, it went away before... will it go away again? What if our friends don't come back to Spark? Remind anyone else of changing school years?
I'm gearing up for a time of checking multiple places. Which I was sort of doing already, between blogs here and the maintenance team's Google group and some Facebook groups.
Whether you come over to the new Spark 2 or not, keep on using what you learned from Spark 1... because Life is Good when you do!

I totally understand the back thing. I recently saw a surgeon. Every doctor who sees my x-rays is sympathetic, but I continue to defy medicine.
ReplyDeleteI had spent a total of 1.5 hours on my knees, supported only by myself as I drilled holes in the resistant aluminum pool deck for my new steps. Usually, back aches would go away in a few days. By three weeks I was convinced my activities finally done me in. He suggested first I do the required exercises which include bridges and planks as well as a bunch of stretches. It worked! Well, that and a little more time.
I guess at 72 I'm not supposed to be "Bobbette the Builder"!
I wrote my hesitation blog on SP2.
LOL... I'll go look for the hesitation blog!
DeleteYes, there are more of those times when we just have to take a step back. I had the problem yesterday, and a bit today with my right hand when one knuckle has seem to swell more and I know it is because I had done too much with scroll/keyboarding and have to cut back. Take it easy my friend and keep on healing.
ReplyDeleteIt got worse overnight but with gentle moving this morning I have to call it "on the mend".
DeleteOne of my worst "back episodes" happened several yrs ago when I merely bent sideways to pick up my hoof tool kit (which isn't that heavy, I just bent the wrong way at the wrong time!)
ReplyDeleteTook a few days, but thank goodness, back recovered! It doesn't take much, just the "right" (or "wrong") tweak!
Delete