Sunday, August 2, 2026

Woo-Hoo! Lynda is back on blog!

 Collection of snippets from the week between blogs

It was about 2:30 a.m. when the rumbles woke me Tuesday morning (July 28th).  Percussive shakes, I could feel in the timbers of the house.  I flipped on the local TV station, and they didn't have the weather coverage up just yet. By 3, they had a meteorologist in tracking and running the graphics of "Severe Thunderstorm Warning" radar.  It rolled on past our community in about half an hour and I fell back to sleep.  By the time I got up and checked a little after 6, only one deck chair had been overturned by the wind, and it was out in the far-back yard.  Ember was not enthusiastic about going outside right at first but warmed up to the thought when she found out it was 8 degrees cooler than the prior morning!

The indoors was a wreck, born of four days of the heat wave.  When the doggo doesn't want to be outside, she still needs to have mental exercise, and it may have seemed like a whole boxload of toys spilled onto the floor in the x-pen, it wasn't anywhere near her entire supply.  After dropping her at daycare Tuesday morning, I picked up and vacuumed, as usual.  

Wednesday morning the forecast said 80% chance of rain, locally, in the 8 a.m. hour.  The kids and my co-inlaws across town got it, my son got it briefly at his workplace, I got nothing here but a few drops of mist hanging in the air.  All in the same city.  I guess this is what you call "scattered showers".

My bug guys showed up and are doing the outside treatment.  Ember's napping in her crate.  I'm not having them treat inside the house.

Working at cleaning up the storage on my phone.  I've had this phone for several years and I have not good about digital "clean up".  I take photos, I take videos, I used some of them to share, I download some from DIL, etc.  And eventually I get a message that I'm over my storage limit at Amazon photos for videos, etc.  So I searched for help and started clearing some out!

Thursday I was having a "low energy" day, but I made myself feel better by vacuuming out my bedroom and shoving some clutter away.  I indulged in a trip to the library where I checked out a couple more of "The Cat That..." mysteries.  And I took a brief nap after that.  I also puttered with a bit of weeding of the rock bed on the South side of the house since it was "cooler" than it had been over that weekend!

Meanwhile, across town at soccer camp, the foster grandson got an award.  " Jacob Bartlett Sportsmanship Award for showing Team First, Work Ethic, Intelligence and Winning Mentality "


It is a professional team Jersey from the sponsoring Kansas City pro soccer team, signed by the players.  "The kids" (meaning my son and his wife) framing it so FGC can hang it on his bedroom wall.  Quite the honor, and it shows his progress in the nearly two years (in September) he's been with my son and DIL.  You can bet the whole family are busting our buttons over this not-quite 8-year-old kiddo's accomplishments.

I stopped the accumulation of snippets here, because I posted about the day at the fair on Saturday, but... after responding to several comments on that blog, I tripped over Lynda's Sunday morning blog!  She's ba-ack!  And working on her issues, but able to post words at least.

Life's REALLY goodSpark on!


11 comments:

  1. Thanks Barb. Enjoy your Sunday.
    Maureen from California

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE had severe storms @ the beginning of the week, but . . . we were very lucky. There were 2 communities that had tornadoes and it really devastated them. I feel sorry for those trying to recuperate. We had rain on Wednesday and Thursday (LOTS) but no severe storms, thankfully. Sounds like you did all right, too.

    Congratulations to the FGC on his award. Way to go. It is so heartening how he is thriving w/DS and DIL! Kudos to them. Wow! Almost 2 yrs! Amazing.

    Thanks for letting us know Lynda is back. That’s great! I know she was frustrated.

    Hugs and blessings

    barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have really been savoring the past couple of mornings, with relief from the heat. Tomorrow morning supposed to be cool as well. Not forgetting that August and September stretch out ahead, enjoying every break in the heat!

      Hugs and blessings to you, Clara, John and Jason!

      Barb
      OKM

      Delete
    2. I'm glad you had no tornado. I loved living in Oklahoma, but tornado weather was not my favorite thing.

      Happy Tuesday.

      Delete
  3. Not that they need it - but your son and DIL have obviously achieved their own award - making the difference in the life of a child. I am sure they have been changed and rewarded as well from having FGC in their lives. So glad they found each other in this often chaotic life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... I wholeheartedly agree. Your heart may wish that EVERY child could be saved or a difference made. Made a difference to this one!

      Delete
  4. Great to catch up on the snippets and to hear that Lynda is back. Thank you so much for letting us know. BTW hubby got writing yesterday and I will be posting it during this morning computer time. What a great award and a super idea getting it framed. Have a great rest of the week, now to get busy on hubby's post. Huge hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up about Robert's entry... I have something to hunt for now!

      Delete
  5. It's getting close to time for our 'monsoon' thunderstorms. We are generally quite arid, but this time of summer we run a bit higher in heat and humidity. Thunderstorms with lightning, no rain, or little rain are the norm for the next month or so. Unfortunately, so are fires because we're on the desert and have lots of dry open ground which burns quickly. The surrounding mountains are difficult to quench fires in due to the terrain. Truly cool weather generally does not hit until right before Halloween. Of course, weather patterns seem to be shifting more rapidly these past several years, but up here they shift through the years ... some 'cooler' summers, some winters with a couple of snows rather than one or none.

    It's nice to hear about the joy your grandson brings to the family, and your doings with Miss Ember.

    Happy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Young people and young animals bring so much to our lives!

      I can't decide if the weather is a month ahead or a month behind sometimes. This week seems September-y to me. July seemed kind of August-y.

      Delete

I am not political but...

  I have always been impressed with candidates for office that knock on doors for themselves.  This young man (if I can call him that, he ha...