Monday, October 31, 2022

Sunday morning and Halloween Monday

First, we have the Halloween photo-shoot, done a couple of days before.

Witchy woman!  With a grumpy face, no less.

No black cats, here... grey and orange kitties, and you've seen their photos before, so not going to do more today.


Lights across the street, and in my own window, taken early Sunday morning, before sunup.  I plan on doing the outdoor candy thing again this year, as it's supposed to give us a high temperature in the 70's (F, of course).

Mid-Sunday morning, I finally met up with my niece.  She's my ex-husband's sister's daughter, and while we've swapped Facebook messages and live in the same town, we haven't been in the same physical space since the 4th of July the year her mom passed away in January.  And that will be ten years ago, next year.  

We met at a shop space she and three others share.  It's an antique place, and it is FULL of nostalgia.  They pretty much run it as on-line and by appointment only.  She had been looking for a VCR from her youth era and I happened to have one to donate.

We hung out and chatted about this and that, her vision for the place, her plans for the future, the current state of the world, how we'd both gone into full hermit mode for the past couple of years, etc.  Remembering her mom and brother, dreams and how folks we love might visit us in them.  

Health update on Rubia?  She's her spry self.  She is not a fan of her meds, but she's letting me administer them.  She's not drooling any more.  Do I feel foolish having dragged her to the vet?  Nope.  Not at all.  Is she an expensive kitty?  You bet.  In her 8 year lifetime, yesterday put her over the total 11 years worth of vet charges I've paid taking care of Prisoner's various woes.

Just now I'm waiting for a call back from the vet to let me know if it's OK to continue the same meds, given my original thought about what was wrong was incorrect!

New experiment, starting Monday (today), is my next hack at "intermittent fasting".  Interestingly, the app I chose also wants you tracking food and liquid intake, and activity... so, still waiting to see what's different, other than alarms to start and stop your overnight fast.  Will let y'all know how it goes.  If nothing else, it's "a new toy", which CAN sometimes be a motivational help.

Well, time to wrap up and post.  Here's hoping we aren't too badly "tricked" by the Halloween "treats" that aren't really treats to our bodies at all!  Remember to hydrate, get in some activity, and rest the rest of the accomplished, come nightfall.

Life is good.  Spark on!

πŸ”₯✨πŸ’–πŸŽƒ

14 comments:

  1. LOVE your costume, Barb! Hope you get lots of trick or treaters!

    Nice you got to meet your niece and catch up.

    Awwww, glad Rubia is getting back to herself. Yes, fur babies are expensive! But worth it.

    Here’s to a Happy Halloween!

    Hugs
    barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am having second thoughts about how many trick or treaters I could get, based on the construction down the block. I wonder if that won't "divide" the neighborhood wanderers to this side of the street work and t'other side. That happened one year in another town, when our block was under construction: we got next to NO costumed visitors that year!

      Delete
  2. Grumpy witch indeed!
    Glad the kitty is improving which will up your mood too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That grumpy look is thanks to my lack of skill with selfies! But for a Halloween witch, it fits! Still waiting for a call back from the vet, so I'm assuming they are not alarmed at me dosing her.

      Delete
  3. What an awesome spooky look!! Love the new hairdo. Will you be donning that look as you pass out candy tonight? Happy that the kitty is doing better.
    Happy Halloween!! B (") (")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might... LOL... have not yet decided... it doesn't stay on very well.
      Happy Halloween!

      Delete
  4. Love your witchy woman pic lol! We are passing out candy, too…and it’s a lovely, sunny and warm FL kind of day. Glad that Rubia is no longer drooling!
    Happy Halloween, Barb! Eissa7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turned out to be a wonderful evening, weather-wise! Glad it was for you, too.

      Delete
  5. Your photo reminded me of my costume; put the photo up on my RunKeeper entry for today 😁
    πŸŽƒπŸ‘»Happy HalloweenπŸ‘»πŸŽƒ
    -RunKeeper Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! Made me look. Great hat... dumb question - is it orange or red? My daughter in law to be had an orange skirt and witch hat (orange is her favorite color)... but the lighting in your photo, it could be either. Hope you had a great time!

      Delete
  6. Love the photo of you.

    I'm glad that Rubia is doing better and not drooling. Our pets are so precious that I understand you rushing her to see what is going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, a lot of folks stress about their pets and Halloween and the trick or treaters running about, but it doesn't seem to phase mine. I am glad that Rubia seems to be "all better", pending results from the tests.

      Delete
  7. Looking good Barb! Happy Halloween and a lovely week ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Plans versus actuals

  This is one that could have been predicted:  I got out the hose and filled the kiddie pool while Ember was finishing one of her puppy naps...