Thursday, April 27, 2023

Day 4 of Carl visit

 

Carl's plate... add a couple of carrots.  He can have those.  He makes it disappear in seconds.

My plate has more veggies.  It's all very nummy!

This was day 4's luncheon.  I bought that roast with Carl in mind.  It is making several meals for the two of us.

The lawn guys were here again Wednesday with weed killer.  I was alerted by Carl and went out to warn them that I have cat food and water set out in the yard (and why), and they promised not to spray around that part.  Sigh.

Carl and I walked loops around "Grandma's dog park" Wednesday morning in the hopes that he'll be tamed down enough to go on the regular Wednesday walk with his Great-Aunt Alicia and me in the afternoon.  I've been talking up her visit to him.

As happens when distracted by animal care, Grandma (that's me) didn't get the Runkeeper turned on right away and forgot to turn it off until it talked to her at the first stop light!

The total distance is probably close to right.  


I never realized until I mapped this with Runkeeper that the paved path is essentially a triangle at Stransky Dog Run.

Alicia came at her usual time, after her work day.  We did a very short walk, into the park near my house, but turned around before we got too deep into it, because I didn't want to take Carl out by the busier street.  I used to walk him there, pre-pandemic, when he was still a pup, but there were a lot of other dogs out and about, and I wanted to take no chances of bad behavior.  Set them up for success, right?  

He was a very good boy, not even barking at the other dogs.

Home again, best buds with my sister, happy camper Carl!

He earned a reward of a bit of a run in the backyard while I loaded up his Kong with treats, then he came right back inside to collect it.

It was a good day.  The kids, meanwhile, traveled into Utah to see Hovenweep National Monument.  Hovenweep means deserted valley, in the native tongues of the region.  By the end of the day, they are at their VRBO, where they have reservations for four nights.  It is gorgeous, from the videos she posted... right on a lake in Pagosa Springs.  The house looks to be large enough and have enough bed and bath rooms for six adults... plus any smaller children that might come attached to them.  A good place to just chill if they want to.

Life is Good.  Spark on!

10 comments:

  1. PHOENIX1949

    Nice lunches!

    Last week's household news very rough here in Central Texas:
    Monday 80% chance of a sizable cancerous mass for husband, 73, per MRI--biopsy surgery next week.
    Wednesday 50+% chance of cancerous adrenal tumor for our older dog--given her age, 14 or 15 years, we will love on her as long as she is active and appears to not be in pain
    Friday 100% bladder cancer diagnosis for me, 74. CT scan did not show visible issues in rest of abdomen--surgery soon with biopsies to identify stage and whether invasion of bladder wall.

    Hesitated to post above, but this is the reason I'll likely not be reading the few former SparkPeople's blogs that I follow for a while.

    Chaotic times here that will get more chaotic. I never liked roller coasters and this is one no one ever wants to board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very sorry to read this. I hope all will go well with the biopsies and surgeries and that things are better than you think...

      Many Hugs.

      Merrilyn from NE Montana

      Delete
  2. OH my! Carl is going to be a spoiled grandpup after his stay w/you! That pot roast looks wonderful. I BET he managed to clean his plate! LOLOL

    Glad you, Carl and Great-Auntie Alicia got to go w/Carl for a walk. He certainly looks content getting attention from his Great-Auntie.

    Glad that the newlyweds are enjoying their continued travels!

    HUGS
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, that roast has fed both of us for four days.

      Delete
  3. He'll go home so spoiled he'll refuse to eat what's offered there. ☺️
    The walks lead to sleeping better through the night. When the poor kitties are finally allowed to return, you'll suffer revenge scratches. 😾

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what his mommy said, too... that he wouldn't want to go home. I would not bet on that.

      Delete
  4. Looks like Mr. Carl is eating good at grandma's house. I'm sure here's enjoying his time with you and getting spoiled because that's your job.

    So glad the newlyweds are having a good time.
    (((BIG HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Privilege of being a grandma (even to a dog). LOL!

      Delete
  5. Glad to “see” you all out there. ❤️that Carl has his “own” RunKeeper account 🤭
    -RunKeeper Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he does... so I see when he's out on the trails with his mommy and daddy, and now I can add him to my own walks with him, too.

      Delete

Plans versus actuals

  This is one that could have been predicted:  I got out the hose and filled the kiddie pool while Ember was finishing one of her puppy naps...