Thursday, April 20, 2023

Marathon Monday and the week before the wedding

 

My favorite "memory" photo of myself in Boston was from the 2018 BAA 5K.  Taken by OVERWORKEDJANET, it captures me (white jacket and cap) just after crossing under the Marathon finish arch, and a sunbeam lights me up!  Some folks are just really, really talented photographers and are graced by luck as well as patience.

On Marathon Monday in Boston I tuned the TV to the race.  The wheelchairs rolled; the elites ran an exciting race.  There's a hole in my heart, shaped like my brother, that activates on race day.  But it is filled with memories of his three races there and our last visit together.  It is filled with gratitude that I had such a brother in my life.

Tuesday was my regular workout with the trainer. 

Wednesday was the AC check, even though it's cooler weather this week.  Things are starting to bloom which means my sinuses bloom too.  Locally we're in the "green" for Covid, but "moderate" for flu. Just to be safe I wore my mask to greet the AC tech at the door.

 All went smoothly and as expected, since the AC was put in new last Summer.

We're getting chillier weather just in time for the wedding.  That dress I bought will probably not be warm enough, but I can probably stand it for long enough for the photo shoot!  I will take a coat along for after.  We want good photos for good memories for the bride and groom.

Wednesday was also spent hauling hoses to water after the lawn guys cut my weeds.  I'm trying a bit of overseeding and bought a new soaker hose to help with that.  Kid sis Alicia came and took me out to walk after her workday, so I woke kind of stiff and kinked up Thursday morning.

Thursday morning was the other regular workout with the trainer.  I'm taking next week off, as I will have Carl in residence, and I don't leave him alone in the house, or in the car.  He'll exercise me plenty, all by his canine self.

That's about it.  Next check in will be some time after the wedding!

Life is good.  Spark on!



12 comments:

  1. What a great marathon picture…you have such good memories of the shared event with your brother! Wishing the bride and groom many decades of happiness, good health, and laughter! Enjoy every little minute of the wedding festivities AND your Carl time….what a fun week lies ahead! Eissa7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... catching up on the comments on Sunday, while waiting for Carl to arrive for his week-long stay. A LOT of work went into that reception, mostly DIY, with the mother of the bride doing yeoman's work for the entire year leading up to it!

      Delete
  2. There must be a mix of emotions when watching the marathon. I'm glad that you were able to watch it and think of the wonderful memories of your brother.

    Wishing lots of luck and happiness to the bride and groom. Have a wonderful time at the wedding. I'm sure you and Carl will have a great time together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There always are a mix of emotions, but I'm so grateful that the happy memories are uppermost to remind me how lucky I was to have such a brother in my life at all!

      Waiting for Carl to arrive for his week-long stay now and going back playing catch-up with the comments!

      Delete
  3. Enjoy!
    I have my favorites, too, from 3 years of meet-ups. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too... several favorites, including the one of you and I on the musical see-saw!

      Delete
  4. Finding comfort in the memories of times spent together is a blessing. 💞

    Blessings ahead for the bride and groom. 🤵🏻👰🏻💒

    Enjoy the week with Carl. 🐶

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... actually having Carl will be good for the purpose of content! LOL! He, naturally, stole the show at the reception, and we were all taking turns getting him to pose in the group photos.

      Delete
  5. (((HUGS))) Wonderful to have those Marathon Memories of your brother (and for yourself, too). Your brother would want those memories to fill that hole. It could never completely be filled but . . . it’s a start.

    Yes, our flu rates are starting to escalate, too.

    Awww, so exciting . . . THIS IS THE WEEKEND! I hopw all goes off w/o a hitch.

    Hope it’s a good week w/Carl, happy travels to the newlyweds and I am SURE Carl will help you get exercise in!

    Have a wonderful time @ the wedding

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the good wishes, Barb! Here I am on the following Sunday morning, getting back to catch up on the comments. The two events, "weddings and funerals", inevitable tied, as the four sisters were in the same room together last at Kevin's memorial... and next time all of us together at the same time, at DS and DDIL's reception. Family!

      Delete
  6. I think of you (and all your memories) when the Boston Marathon rolls around.
    -RunKeeper Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boston is special that way. I'm actually looking forward to the next time I go see my dentist (in November) to see what her Boston experience was like with her family (her husband was running).

      Delete

Plans versus actuals

  This is one that could have been predicted:  I got out the hose and filled the kiddie pool while Ember was finishing one of her puppy naps...