Monday, January 22, 2024

A week worth of highlights

 Thursday, January 18th

I took a photo looking Southwest from my front door as the sun rose.  It was so pretty!

I gave myself plenty of time, took it slow and easy and got my workout in with the trainer, too.

During the evening rush hour all mobile phones started shrieking at us with SNOW SQUALL WARNING.  I hope nobody jumped the way I did here at home, if they were behind the wheel!

Friday, January 19th

It was minus 2 F when I did my first swatch of double-gloved shoveling.  Got the path to the mailbox and half the front sidewalk before coming back in to thaw.  It was zero when I went out for the second swatch.  Got the other half of the front sidewalk, one shovel wide, and brought in the mail.

At this point, I took off the boots and watched The Traitors, season 2.  This is a Peacock game show, and I remember that I was shoveling snow during Season 1 last year. 

The day was used to do laundry and just laze around, with Prisoner providing calming purrs and lap warmth.   

Saturday January 20th

A cold start, but a sunny day.  I was a lazy bum.  The snow is not terribly deep, and with what I cleared on Friday, I called it "as good as it's going to get".

Sunday January 21st

Much milder, was up to 14℉ by 8:30 a.m. when I headed to the grocery store.  Out of bananas again.  I think of LeanJean6, a.k.a. Lynda, whenever I put bananas in my cart!  

Monday, January 22nd

Saw the doctor.  He handed me my blood test results.  He looked at my blood pressures from at home, listened to my lungs and heart, and essentially pronounced me healthy... go live my life.  

About the weight:  "you know what you need to do".  Indeed, I do.  About the blood pressures, he's not worried about them for me.  I'm one of the few he has in my age range NOT on blood pressure medication.

He says "yes" to get the RSV vaccine.  

I scheduled the mammogram due in February.  I also need to book my next colonoscopy.  Ten years sure does fly by!. Doctor also recommends a booster for pneumonia... anytime in the next 3 years, but wait 6 months after the RSV one.

I put my valentine note to the kids in that second grade classroom into the mail on the way to the doctor's office.

Life is good.  Spark on!

16 comments:

  1. We had a bit of warmer weather on Thursday and Friday. Saturday was back to winter. "sigh" Last night came the freezing rain. All the schools, court house, government offices, medical clinics, even Culligan services, were closed today and listed on the "Cancellations and Closure" lists on the news station website.

    Good results from the doctor is always a blessing. Cologuard is the recommendation from my doctor. Bless his heart! I continue to sit on the fence about the RSV vaccine. I'm 2 for 3 with the shots.

    Valentine and note go out in tomorrow's mail. My UK friend sent an email this morning to tell me hers in the "post". It will be great if the teacher puts the results out there somewhere that can be read and passed along to others.

    Enjoy the January thaw. 🤗❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The January thaw, ah, yes! A mythical beast some years, but we do have above freezing for a couple of days going now. So instead of blowing snow, we get melting and refreezing slush! LOL! Winter! "sigh", indeed!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the reminder, I've got to ask about the RSV vaccine. I've had about all the other vaccines that come along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, RSV is the last one for me. My questions were about how long after you've had it, is it safe to vaccinate. And since my last "possible, never tested for it" was in November, I should be good to go. He said 2 months.

      Delete
  3. It finally warmed up over here and our snow melted. I hear another round is coming though.

    I have to schedule some routine things to do.

    Have a wonderful day! (((BIG HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's all those "another round" things that get us, isn't it?

      Off to the trainer this morning (Tuesday), under cloudy skies, "mixed" precipitation and slushy streets.

      Delete
  4. I always jump when one of those warnings come over the phone, most of the time it is an amber alert for a child. I put the valentine in the mail for that grade 2 class yesterday too. One more day of snow here and then it is switching to rain, that should be fun. The temperature will be above 0 for a few days so that might mean not too much ice. Great news on the health front.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your version of the January thaw! I do hope we hear how this whole valentine thing turns out! And thanks... good news on the health front is always good to hear.

      Delete
  5. Went to my friend 'Google' to learn what a snow squall is, lol! Not a phrase familiar here in Central Texas. We have extremely dense fog today. Blessed with 3-1/4" of slow, steady rain yesterday. Our drought conditions, low lake levels and water tables are still mighty thirsty. More rain expected later today.

    Three of my siblings are on blood pressure medication but the only times mine shoots up is during an allergic reaction or extremely stressful events like the multiple surgeries and treatments for my cancer. Early onset hypertension runs on Mom's side of the family and seems two of us lucked out by missing that trait.

    Decided to virtually deliver the mugs and they are a BIG HIT!

    PHOENIX1949, Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear those weather people keep making up new terms to amuse themselves. I know what snow is, and I know what a squall is, so... I didn't bother to look this one up!

      My older sister keeps insisting that our mother had LOW blood pressure, but I don't recall ever knowing this. Glad you missed your distaff side tendency to "early onset" hypertension!

      Glad the mugs were well received, Susan!

      Delete
  6. LOVE the sunrise picture. Beautiful!

    Glad you got to the trainer.

    We have warmed up since last Thursday . . . from below zero to 33 today. BUT that comes w/rain/sleet/ice/snow. UGH.

    Definitely want get the RSV and pneumonia shot. Both are really making the rounds. Not good!

    Dropped my valentines day care for the class in the mail @ the post office yesterday! Nice project.

    Hugs
    Barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always feel better when I get to my scheduled workouts! Maybe a bit sore, tired, etc., but like "victory" good.

      Thanks for getting the card off for the kiddies. I'm impressed with the response the readers have put in, both here and over on the maintenance chat!

      Delete
  7. I thought I’d be feeling better by now to pick out a Valentine card for the kids, but all the body wants is sleep:(
    -RunKeeper Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear! You have to take care of YOU, first, Dee! Here's hoping that you feel better soon.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful photo! But you can keep the snow ;-)
    Last week’s cold snap nearly froze me (again) - I honestly might perish if it weren’t for my longjohns & flannel-lined jeans!
    (Val)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like the cold, either. I'd rather have precipitation in the cold in the form of snow, though. Ice is NOT a friend!

      Take care ((( hugs )))

      Delete

Toys and their spaces

For every plaything, there is a "spot".  Ember has decided that cardboard tubes mommy gives her to chew to destruction should be p...