Monday, March 25, 2024

Coming soon!

 Ever have one of those days when you finally pull the ripcord and do something you're not sure you'll pull off well?  Sunday was one of those days.


See the "star" puppy in the middle, with the turquoise collar?  Her name is Ember (since last night's family discussion).  She was born on January 31st.  She's halfway across the state right now, but she will be coming to live at my house with The Prisoner and me, when her grandma goes out to visit for Easter.

I have given myself this week to prepare.  The mythical son and his wife have volunteered to puppy sit when needed.  Ember has not yet met a cat.  Both she and The Prisoner are in for an education.    

Puppy training videos are the new favorite.  What a pleasant distraction from the news, huh?

Now I HAVE to take care of my own health, too... because this little darling is going to depend on me, as much as I will be depending on her.  

Life is good.  Spark on!

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Spring is the time you get a "new" haircut or adopt a new pet. Sometimes you regret it, sometimes it turns out to be the love of a lifetime. Thanks for the good wishes.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. LOL... funny how "brave" and "foolish" tend to occupy a lot of the same geography.

      Delete
  3. Ohhh, well, that will be interesting for Ember and the Prisoner to meet! Hope that goes well.

    Definitely, take good care of YOU!

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My DIL asked if it was likely the Prisoner would try to murder Ember, the way my son's cat Odis attempted to do Carl in. When he failed in this attempt, Odis and Carl got on just fine. Carl was completely unphased.

      My guess is that Prisoner will make himself scarce, same as he does when Carl visits... until he figures out that Ember is not leaving. And then he'll adjust.

      Meanwhile, hope YOU are taking care of yourself and your "younger generation" is faring well, too.

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness! How exciting for you (and hopefully for The Prisoner). I'm so glad for you. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Made good progress on ordering / acquiring / investigating on Monday. Tuesday I have to let the personal trainer know that I've hired a puppy to continue my training for now.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on taking this step! Looking forward to Ember Alerts (play on Amber Alerts).

    PHOENIX1949

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Ember alerts... hopefully not for dog-napping, other than the "zonked in Barb's house" napping. It's going to be a big change, but well worth it.

      Delete
  6. Awe I hope your furries ❤️each other.
    -RunKeeper Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. In my very active and optimistic imagination, they will. We shall see how accurate that turns out to be "in real life".

      Delete
  7. Wow, how exciting for you! And what a sweet little one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I think the Prisoner suspects something is up... Mom's been acting strangely. I have all sorts of "imaginary plans", which like most plans of battle, will probably evaporate once reality sets in. She does look adorable, and today is her 8 weeks old day. The first package ordered online has arrived... the Snuggle Puppy. The puppy training videos are confusing me as they are all slightly different, but I think we'll muddle through!

      Delete

Sunday adventures with kitty and puppy

The morning started well.  Mommy fed the cat first, before even getting the puppy out to "take care of business".  I think this wa...