Sunday, March 31, 2024

Easter Sunday

Hope everyone is having (or had) a good Easter (or whatever holiday goes with your own faith traditions).  I went to church with my sister, as planned.  We consolidated at her house, which is the usual drill, so as not to put 3 cars in the parking lot at church.  I discovered as soon as we pulled out of her driveway that I did not have my phone!  I was going to put it on silent/airplane mode so as not to be disturbed during the service.  


No matter:  one does not HAVE to live in the electronic age to celebrate Easter with a church service and a brunch.  Of course that means y'all won't get photos of me, sis, and her gentleman friend, but I think you'll live.

We sat in a different place, about midway back in the sanctuary, and it was because of this that it was a different show than usual.  My music teaching sis observed the gal at the back who was timing the procession of youngsters carrying the big Bible, the candle lighters, the crosses, etc. down the center aisle, followed of course by the choir.

I was enthralled with the very well behaved children who were in attendance with their families.  The music was outstanding as is the message.  And the social catching up that is always a hallmark of sis and I getting together, of course.

After brunch, back at my sister's house, we noticed a young man walking a puppy.  My initial guess what that it was a lab (or mix) about 12 weeks old.  The dog-dad corrected me, 4 months... I was off by about a month.  But I was right about the breed, this was a "goldador":  golden and Labrador retriever cross.  

This little pup was about as well behaved as could be expected at that age.  Turns out he was visiting a neighbor of my sister, is originally from the area where Ember was born.  I asked him if he knew the family, and sure enough, he does!  He gave me his surname so I can let them know I met someone "from the neighborhood".  It is indeed a small world, and we parted wishing one another luck with the hard work of puppy rearing.

And I came home to find the phone just where I expected:  on my kitchen counter.

Meanwhile, on the other side of town

Preparations continue for human household expansion, one generation down from me.  DIL posted this pic of herself in her new hybrid Escape.  The plan is to have enough room for whatever foster child comes their way, plus a couple of team-mates/friends... foster and sports mom to be?

The "kids" are working at training Carl to hop into and ride in the hatch of the new vehicle, in anticipation.

Puppy progress:

Meanwhile, as I type this, it is about two hours out from my own anticipated wagging tailed housemate.  It is about a 3 hour drive from the home of the puppy's birth to my house, so if they aren't already on the road, I might be waiting longer.

Life is Good.  Spark on!


6 comments:

  1. Happy Easter, Barb….seems like you had a lovely day with your sister AND are ending it with a special delivery bundle of love!! Enjoy every little snuggle and give The Prisoner an extra cuddle IF you can find him!
    Can’t wait to hear about this special event! Eissa7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A long and joyous day! I did give Prisoner extra pets and encouragement, and he's (somewhat surprisingly) being more visible that he is when Carl visits. I had been warning him that Ember is going to actually LIVE here, all week ahead of time. You think he understands my prattling?

      Delete
  2. Happy Easter!
    May the transition with the new addition go smoothly. Anxiously waiting for photos and stories. 🐰✝️🤗💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New blog coming soon. We survived night #1 is the headline!

      Delete

  3. Sounds like a wonderful Easter!

    Oh, I hope DS and DIL like their Escape. I have a 2017 Escape and just love it. Lots of room!

    Happy Easter!

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They let me sit inside and showed off its features during one of our times of "letting the puppy settle". Impressive. Now both of them have hybrid vehicles and they are embracing the new tech. Not sure I'm ready for that, but I imagine if I ever do get another vehicle it will have something "smart" on it that the current 2012 model does not have! Speaking of continuous learning.

      Happy Easter week!

      Delete

Toys and their spaces

For every plaything, there is a "spot".  Ember has decided that cardboard tubes mommy gives her to chew to destruction should be p...