Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Moonset was stunning

 

I woke before 4 Wednesday morning.  Early waking is the side effect of several things:  anticipation, of course, better diet, earlier bedtime.

"Better diet" is a side effect (for me) of the onset of Spring, even with the reprise of Winter weather.  I start wanting more fruits and veggies, less bread and starches.  I start craving more activity, too.

One of the benefits of waking early is seeing the sunrise and the moonset.

The first "puppy preparation" package arrived late Tuesday.  It's a Snuggle Puppy, with a little heartbeat generating thing you put in its tummy, so the puppy will be comforted.

I have never used one before, but then again, I have never raised a puppy all on my own from scratch, either. 

The second package arrived in a big box labeled "Chewy".  I stepped out onto the porch to receive it, telling the delivery guys (there were two, one in training) that I would not chant "The Peanut Butter Box is here."

Next, I created a user account at the Zoom Room training place, even though I don't have the vet papers for vaccinations yet.  I scheduled myself into an orientation session for Friday morning.  I called to confirm that I don't have to have the vaccination papers until Ember comes to a training session with me.  Orientation sessions are for just the humans.

I also called my sister's vet to schedule Ember's first checkup, and transfer whatever vet records come with her.  So that's on the books.  

The neighbors are gradually being given the heads up, too.  Saw one couple walking a 12 week old puppy so we will undoubtedly be sharing puppy phases.  I warned the puppy parade walkers that Ember is going to join my household, and discovered (probably knew it before) that Barnaby's co-walking older dog had been named Ember!  I think I had been introduced to her once, but had mis-remembered her name as "Amber".  Go figure... it's Kismet!

Life is good!  Keep on Sparking!

4 comments:

  1. Ember is a lucky girl to have you become her Hu-Mom! Just so exciting. Yes, it will be nice to exchange puppy notes with your neighbor raising a puppy, too. Like kids, it takes a village, right!

    HUGS and so happy for you.

    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just so. The regular dog-walkers are excited to see a new addition to the parade, always. It does take a village, and especially with new young animals, having some extra eyes in the neighborhood is a very good thing.

      Delete
  2. Now I’m all excited to hear all about her arrival.
    -RunKeeper Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be a story and a half, I can tell already. Son and DIL plan to come over to greet her. Second guessing started in full force Friday evening, for me!

      Delete

Saturday morning naughty puppy

  Don't know if it's visible to anyone else, but this is my outdoor unit of the central air... can you see where the puppy tore at t...