Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Onward!

Rubia, after mom was "down for the count" early in the week, sucked up, sat on lap, purred, etc. on "Ginger Cat Day" last week.

I stretched my legs with walks on Friday and Saturday, leading into Labor Day weekend, and then we had the family activity:  taking on the new "challenge" back woods course at the local miniature golf place.

It was my son, his fiancé, her parents, and me.  We figured we were in trouble from the very first hole, which was a par 5.  Sloping, rippling greens, various hazards... it truly was a challenge.  But neither of the mothers in the group are "let the kid win" kind of mothers... the older generation came in first (her mom) and second (me), the kids in between, and her dad brought up the rear... not competitive in this group...?  Hah!

I had my best score on this hole.

Donna the winner

Relaxing for a bit before heading home

Biggest mistake of the evening?  I neglected to put on bug spray... I got eaten alive, and have been dealing with the bites ever since.  Nevertheless, it was a great time, and a fine end to the Summer season.

Monday my knees were creaky, and my back complained if I tried to move in a certain way.  So I took Monday easy, and was OK to be back in the gym for working out on Tuesday.

Upcoming:  the Last Blast Triathlon is Sunday the 11th.  It's my plan to get myself out to the lake and do whatever volunteer stuff they might need me to do.  Gary (my trainer) is the race director.  He's already fretting over the weather forecast, which currently shows it raining Saturday evening, which affects the set up for the race (they usually set up the day before).  Chalk markings on pavement would not work well if there is rain Saturday night / Sunday morning.

So, as titled:  Onward!  Lifeward!

Hydrating, watching the nutrition, trying to stay active and get in my rest... hopefully, same is true of all of you.

Life is good.  Spark on!


 

13 comments:

  1. I made that mistake on a river boat dinner cruise, need my bug spray. Sounds like a lot of fun though. I actually have never played but really would like to. Hope the weather holds out well for the event. Have a great weekend of volunteering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, bet there were LOTS of bugs coming for dinner while you cruised! My sister tells me the Summer she got least bug-bit was when she was on the "no sugar / no flour" diet! Bugs prefer sugar eaters? Hmmm.

      Delete
    2. Hmmmm, I did not know that but I like that plan and it certainly is worth a try. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. What a fun, family outing! Forgetting the bug spray surely made the last summer outing great for the bugs, too.

    The city lights in the background of the photos is very striking. I jump to the conclusion that it must have been dark outside, and usually, a flash will eliminate the beauty of the backdrop. Great photography!

    Enjoy the Last Blast Triathlon this weekend. More photos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the nature of the phone camera that allows those city lights to show in the background. We started before sunset... the hanging lights came on just before we teed off on the first hole, and it took a while. I didn't get home 'til 10 p.m.

      We shall see if I get any photos on Sunday. Kind of depends on how busy they keep me, but there are bound to be a couple, anyway.

      Have a great weekend yourself!

      Delete
  3. Awwww, glad that Rubia relented and kept you company.

    LOL! Sounds like a successful round of miniature golf round for the Moms! YEAH!

    UGH on the mosquito bites. They are a plague.

    OH hope that the weather cooperates for the Sunday race! Sometimes Mother Nature can be downright unobliging!

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to have to slather myself with Avon Skin So Soft after my shower tonight, so I can't forget at least that layer of bug repellant when I head out for volunteer duty in the morning!

      Delete
  4. I too have the blood bugs love.
    -RunKeeper Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom was a bug buffet, and so am I, but some years are worse than others!

      Delete
  5. I always seem to be a bug magnet no matter what I do. It sounds like you had a wonderful time playing miniature golf.

    Hopefully the weather will be great for the race. It's cloudy and cold here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The heat wave has broken here, and it's 53 and drippy this morning. Hopefully we'll have rain enough to help green things up and store for the season ahead, but clear off for safe racing Sunday morning.

      Delete

Plans versus actuals

  This is one that could have been predicted:  I got out the hose and filled the kiddie pool while Ember was finishing one of her puppy naps...