Sunday, May 14, 2023

Mother's Day

 Happy Mother's Day, all!

As with most holidays since the son moved out, this one started mid-afternoon.  Son is a night owl.  DIL is an early bird, but her grandma gets the early part of her day today... her mom and I will get the time of day when my son is also "alive".

The plan was to meet at a stationery shop in a nearby small town, then repair across the street to the Glacial Till Cider / Winery place.  I've never been to either, but they are favorites with DIL's family.

We got there, only to discover that the stationery shop was locked up, although the sign on the door showed its hours as open for another hour and a half!

Threw in the towel and crossed the road to the Glacial Till, where we 1) stood in line (Mother's Day and wine, anyone?), 2) son found us a table despite this, 3) ordered various treats, 4) noshed, and 5) conversed a lot.  The kids gave the two mothers their individual gifts.

Donna got an invite to a pottery class with her daughter.

I was gifted with a punch pass for kayak rentals.

We both got collections of prints of the wedding photos (some of which you've already seen).  It was a very pleasant and relaxing event, made us forget there'd ever been a pandemic, if you know what I mean.  Just felt normal!

Safely home again now.  

Life is good.  Spark on!

14 comments:

  1. LOL, I thought it was feathers at first!
    That sounds like a wonderful day.
    I spent my MD with DH in our still nose-blowing, napping post Covid phase. I got about 1.5 hours of snoozing mid day. We're opting to stay away from little germy kids for a few more days as I assume we are in an immune weakened state. I need nothing else on top of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wisdom, right? Staying safe and healthy is a great way to observe mother's day.

      Delete
  2. I chatted with DDI for nearly an hour and a half on messenger and then made my favourite meal for supper. Not a crowd fan so figured I would have my favourite at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a lovely, peaceful and fulfilling Mother's Day. Have to feed the soul, and some of us feed it with less fanfare!

      Delete
  3. Awwww, sounds like ou ended up having a wonderful Mother’s Day. What a thoughtful gift they gave you!

    Spent the day w/DD. DS (a chef) had to tend to a banquet in his restaurant, so . . . we'll see him next week Tuesday. That will be nice!

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know it's nice, spreading the holiday out with some one-child-at-a-time time. Hope Clara is doing well, and that you felt the strength of motherhood that continues to bind you.

      Delete
  4. Maple seeds. My kids used to call them helicopters as they would drop them and watch them twirl to the ground.

    Sounds like your son and his wife know their parents. The gifts sound perfect. Awesome photos. A wonderful Mother's Day filled with love and blessings. 💞

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day with your loved ones. It was quiet here and that's how my mom likes it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All in all, it sounds like Mothers Day outing turned out quite nice; what thoughtful gifts were bestowed on both Mothers!! Eissa7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how thoughtful this young couple is.

      Delete
  7. Was a tough one for me this year 😔 I forced myself to help my nephew get something for his mom.
    -RunKeeper Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first few Mother's Days without your own mom can be hard. Hopefully some fond memories helped you get through it, and time with your nephew I'm sure did.

      Delete

Work in progress

 The woodpecker situation, work in progress At this point in the process, Jeremy the handyman had removed three smallish pieces of the sidin...