Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Normal, whatever that is.

Right before I took this photo, The Prisoner was in a crouch, nose pointed straight at the robin in the video!  It was such a cute set-up, but of course by the time I got the phone aimed, he ruined the shot by looking at me.

This morning I ordered groceries online, to be picked up this evening after the regular Wednesday "sister walk".

Carl is safely home with his mommy and daddy.  His stitches are due to come out a week from Friday, per his mommy.

The birds who live at his house are back home from the other grandparents, too.  Birds would not do well at my house, but Carl's other grandparents are truly bird people, and they take as much good care of those cockatiels as I do of Carl.  We all pitch in, as that's what family does.

The furniture covers have now been de-Carl-haired, and cat de-haired, too.  I started sweeping the tile floors.  Haven't got to the vacuum for the carpets just yet, but that's another part of the post-Carl cleanup.  He may be a short-haired breed, but those short hairs shed!

I have noted local people posting photos of their lilacs in bloom, so I know that my specific allergies will be in high form, so I'm on my meds the past couple of days.  

Life goes on, and life is goodSpark on!

9 comments:

  1. It's nice to hear that everyone is back to normal and to their homes. I'm sure the cats are feeling good to have their home back to themselves.

    It never fails I try taking pictures of Scooter because he looks cute, but then he moves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't want their "15 minutes of fame", our animals. Or we don't have the patience to set up and wait for that perfect shot.

      Yes, glad to have all back to "ordinary" here.

      Delete
  2. From one sufferer to another, sorry to read about the allergies. We really need a long, slow rain to clean the air. Everything has "green" dust as my granddaughter calls it.
    Looks like one kitty has taken up his normal place at home. Where is the other? Is she not so forgiving? Nothing like a female scorned!
    Have a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was elsewhere in the house when I took that photo, but she's definitely herself again.

      Delete
  3. I swear cats do that on purpose. Tigger waits until I get the camera just in her view, then she just calmly gets up and walks away. She doesn't permit pictures - LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they do it to keep us intrigued. My dad, as I recall, spent many rolls of film seeking that perfect shot of the family cats.

      Delete
  4. Getting things in order after Carl….returning to normal kitty home…something comforting about that! I know you will gladly welcome him again when you are asked…what a sweetie, he is!
    Love that the Prisoner watches the TV LOL! Eissa7

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh, Prisoner in pounce position. He looks regal there watching that video.

    Glad you got your Sister walk in!

    So, Poor Carl has 8 days to go before getting his stitches out. He will be so much happier!

    Glad everyone’s routine is starting to normalize, and as you say, whatever normal is! LOL

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normal is good. Still working on resting up because I was seriously exhausted by this recent effort.

      Delete

Toys and their spaces

For every plaything, there is a "spot".  Ember has decided that cardboard tubes mommy gives her to chew to destruction should be p...