Saturday, May 20, 2023

Sneezin' Season

 

May 5th.


May 13th

May 15th

May 17th.



Ah-choo!  'Nuff said.





May 19th:

Monday evening I booked my first kayak session, for Friday (opening day for my regular rental place).  I got on the phone with my kayaking partner, Gerri, and we found a time we could both go.  I'm hoping my old joints with fold and unfold appropriately for a good time on the water.  Gerri was walking around the lake while we talked, and she says the water level is low.  Hoping some rain comes along to help with that.

Tuesday was the usual trainer appointment, after which I was just wiped out and nodded off in front of the TV.  The afternoon nap is fast becoming a "thing" around here.  Tuesday the mowers came, too.

Wednesday was laundry day and sister walk.  

Thursday was another trainer day, and the bug guys came in the afternoon to treat the outside of the house/yard.  I took my allergy meds, then a nap in the afternoon, and still woke up swollen.  Air quality is not great, dues to smoke drifting down from wildfires in Canada, which is the opposite direction from where we usually get our drifting smoke!

I had a home Covid test that was going to expire this month, so even though I strongly suspected "just knew" this was allergies, I used the test.  Negative.  Have two more that are good through August, so I should be OK for the Summer, and I didn't toss that one without using it (funny how we have habits out parents learned in the Great Depression).

Kid sis signed up for an "organize your home" class at the community college in July, and I bit and signed up for it, too.  We shall see if it's meant for seniors or youngers.

Smoky air was still "hanging about" on Friday, so I was back on the allergy meds and hoping for the winds to change.  They kinda sorta did, and I made it out to paddle at 6 p.m. with my friend.  Sunlight on the water, windy at times, and very enjoyable.


Saturday morning I'm moving slow, but moving.  The arms are testifying to the different motion of paddling.  Looking forward to the next outing.

Life is good.  Spark on!

12 comments:

  1. Yup . . . definitely the sneezin’ season!

    Glad you did all right w/your kayaking session w/ your friend. Nice to get back to it!

    Nothing wrong w/the afternoon nap!

    Had the same air quality issues w/the haze, but today seems to be better. Thankfully!

    OHhhh! That will be nice to take that class w/our sister! I remember when you had your helper (can’t remember her name!) helping you organize you house, several years ago.

    Here's to a wonderful weekend and new week ahead.

    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that de-stuffing the house exercise got interrupted by the pandemic (and running out of steam at about the same time). It's time to start taking up the mantle again!

      Delete
  2. Little bit of stuff every day is what's doing in my household, too. Covid switched into allergies at some point and although my mojo came back, my nose continued to be a snot factory! I've also found a daily nap since getting sick; new for me as I'm a go 'till I drop person.
    Enjoy your kayaking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're recuperating, and that the mojo showed up. Napped today, too.

      Delete
  3. Swedish Death Cleaning. It's now a tv series. Not about death, but the art of living.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyV-ovINTng

    The kids gave you the perfect Mother's Day gift.

    Allergy season is killer this year, with no end in sight. Ugh! I'll be masking up tomorrow while mowing.

    Wishing you a pleasant evening and a happy tomorrow. 🤗💞

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tripped over that, the Swedish Death Cleaning series! Haven't got around to watching it yet, but I noticed it, and dragged out the book again.

    And yes, this was the perfect Mother's Day gift, and I fully intend to enjoy it. If I collect enough companions around me, I'll manage to grow my fitness again? Someone to kayak with, and tonight I jogged intervals with Alicia's son in law. We shall see what tomorrow brings!

    Have a lovely Sunday and new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An organizing class sounds like a good time to me. So, glad to hear your back on the water again doing what you love.

    The smoke here is really bad and they are telling people who have breathing issues to limit going outside.

    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Avoidance of the outside, and the investment in good air filtering on your HVAC. My son invested big time to make their house safe for my DIL. Allergies like I have are annoying, but with her, we're talking life-threatening.

      Have a peaceful Sunday, Paula!

      Delete
  6. Ah, yes, The Los Angeles Times very excitedly had an article about Everything Blooming in California. My runny nose and itchy, watery eyes have been VERY aware of this occurring (hence the ear infection a while back, which happen way ahead of “schedule” as well).
    -RunKeeper Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I hear you! I'm recognizing the pattern, too... wake up stuffed up. Medicate and mitigate, survive to afternoon, then have a decent afternoon and evening. Repeat the next day.

      Delete
  7. Naps are great especially when you are so active. We usually have an afternoon one here too. Mine are pretty short but I plan on adding some stretching to the afternoon too. Been too inactive this winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hear that, about coming back from an "inactive" season. I went walk/jogging with my nephew in law last evening and he messaged me later to remember to stretch and hydrate. This kid (23) and I (70) make an odd couple on the trails!

      Delete

Toys and their spaces

For every plaything, there is a "spot".  Ember has decided that cardboard tubes mommy gives her to chew to destruction should be p...