Friday, June 16, 2023

A week's worth of updates


 A week ago, a quick shower did not last long, and the humid heat remained after it moved on.

We are still in extreme drought conditions, and now our town has asked us to voluntarily restrict outdoor water use.  I'm allowed to water on Wednesday, Friday, and Sundays.  My sister has a different street number (odd versus even) so her schedule is Tuesday Thursday and Saturday.


Stolen from a FB friend.  As good an excuse as any, don't you think?

It might be counter-productive to stir up the dust, too, during a drought.


Yay!  We got rain Saturday evening, too.  Prisoner came in drenched!

Sunday was a quiet day, only the cheeky backyard squirrel dared to interrupt it.


Monday morning I walked around the "big block" to mail my estimated tax payment.  The months fly by, with the big bills showing up hopefully only about once a month... you know the ones, the annuals, the six months, etc., that you plan for and remember to pay.  Thank goodness, in retirement, for computerized reminders, and the backup of paper calendars.

It was another "confuse what day of the week it is" week.  My trainer had a conflict so he could not keep a Tuesday schedule, and he is off to a cross-country camp the rest of the week.  So my only workout with him was on Monday morning.  

I did something political on Tuesday.  I drove across town to sign a petition to put something on the ballot to call for the repeal of a bill the legislature passed this session.  Everybody's entitled to express their opinions in this way.  If you feel strongly about an issue and aren't one to "take to the streets" in protest, signing a petition is something you can do.

I had a blood draw on Wednesday.  The doctor's office called me on Thursday to say thyroid is behaving, and I'm back on the same dosage I have essentially been on for 20 years.

I reserved a kayak for Friday morning. The lake was smooth as glass, and I had a peaceful paddle!  

Saturday evening will be a minor league baseball game with the small family group (son, Dil, and her parents and I).



I signed up for the Cornhusker State Games 6 mile walk, which comes in late July.  I'll have to check with my friend Gerri, as I see she's signed up, too.

Next week I'll be doing cat watch for my other sister again.

As you see, life is going on in these parts.  


Life is Good.  Spark on!



13 comments:

  1. Great to see your name pop up on my reading list. Rain predicted here again for the weekend. It seems when the rain clouds get close, they choose a different path. Enjoy the ball game. ⚾☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... I won't even mind if it rains a bit on us at the ballpark, but it's looking like it will stop with even the "scattered" rain by noon, and it's an evening ball game. We really, really, really need the rain. Hope things are well with you, and that you have a fine weekend!

      Delete
  2. Smooth as glass, that water is! I'm glad your thyroid is responding to meds the same. Drought conditions are starting here as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a peaceful paddle... a mama mallard was leading a phalynx of seven or eight little ones across, but I didn't want to miss watching them to pull out the camera. The the swallows were nesting in the girders of the pedestrian bridge.

      We got a little rain Saturday morning, for which I am grateful!

      Delete
  3. We still have rain. It's been raining all day and night here today. We have the limited water use and have been that way for years. This year I still haven't turned on the sprinklers, but I might have to this coming week.

    I'm glad you got some good news about your thyroid. Great job!

    Have a great weekend! (((BIG HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only watered a couple of times, myself. When it gets to the drought conditions I defer to the farmers.

      Delete
  4. We have had a little rain but none where the wildfires are going on. Nice to catch up with you and the weeks roll on like they do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about these weeks rolling by. One gets more active as the pandemic fades in memory... even the doctor's office has gone to "masking optional" and removed the plexiglass from their receptionists' desk! With this kind of environment, I'm getting bolder about doing things, but I still run out of "oomph" when it comes to writing about it all.

      Delete
  5. OMG! LOVE the dust meme. TRUTH! LOL

    DH has officially been retired 4 yrs. now and – I am amazed that sometimes the days get mixed up! LOL Days with appointments are ok. Always check the calendar. Days without appointments, sometimes those get confused! OY

    Great that the thyroid is steady. Waiting to see what mine is doing.

    Enjoy the baseball game! And the Cornhuskers walk!

    Great weekend to you!

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's hoping for "steady" for your thyroid, too. Glad to share the dust-y giggle!

      Delete
  6. Car trouble took up most of last week (Weds-Fri) so now I’m rethinking the plan of getting the booster tomorrow (Juneteenth) and possibly doing it for the July (4th) holiday 🤔 so it doesn’t feel like too many “off/rest days” in a row.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. -RunKeeper Dee

      Delete
    2. Yes, we seem to have to plan for those "side effects"... I know I do! (( hugs )) Car trouble is the pits... sorry you had a week of THAT! Here's hoping the next week is looking up.

      Delete

Plans versus actuals

  This is one that could have been predicted:  I got out the hose and filled the kiddie pool while Ember was finishing one of her puppy naps...