Thursday, October 26, 2023

Carl got a visitor on Wednesday

 

Wednesday is normally "sister walk" day, but we decided not to leash up and walk, but instead let Carl romp in the backyard and just do sister visit, instead.

My kid sis, Alicia, is a good "dog person" and chose the right body language for her introduction.  Carl was vocal, but as soon as I gave her a hug he readily accepted her into the pack.  

It didn't hurt a bit that I slipped her a liver treat to tempt him with.  Besties!

Over the course of the week, Carl has been carving his very own Halloween maze out of his Grandma's weed patch.

I'm grateful this morning to have heard from a fellow military mom (actually she was a wife, but now has son in service) from my own son's service days.  She lives in Maine, and the first thing the news came on from up there, I thought of her.  She's noting on FB about their school being closed for the day.  I sure hope they locate and contain that shooter, soon!

Other than that, we're slowly working on feeding Carl, exercising Carl, seeing that Carl gets his rest and lots of snuggles.  His folks are due back this evening, but I'm trying not to over-promise, just keep things "grandma normal" so we get through the day well.

He's working hard at keeping Grandma's yard "safe" from squirrels.


And the squirrels are doing their best to irritate him!


Carl was a bit on the vocal side when the man came to deliver the water softener salt, but we survived.  The kids messaged me their expected ETA of late afternoon.  So we're almost done, but I'm still not telling Carl, "just in case".  He's wired enough as it is without building anticipation.

Life is still Good!  Grandma is surviving!  So is Carl.

Keep on Sparking!







6 comments:

  1. Aw, nice picture with Ace!
    He's a handful, it seems. I like the trails in the weeds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, taking care of a dog is a bit of a deal, as you know from your own grand-dogs. I was rather proud of his handiwork in the weeds!

      Delete
  2. After realizing it was Weds yesterday, I realized the sister walk didnt happen.
    I woke up achy and worn out this morning (rest day).
    Tomorrow I will foam roll and walk to try to loosen things up.
    -RunKeeper Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear! I do hope the foam roller helps.

      It's Friday morning in the dark of pre-sunrise now, and the Prisoner is so glad that the pesky dog is gone. He's curled up in "his" chair, and was fed wet food for his breakfast. Spoil one pet, you need to spoil them all, right?

      Delete
  3. I'm always amazed at how much you and your sister look alike.
    If Carl chases squirrels, he earns his keep, at least in my book.
    It will be quiet at your house tomorrow. 😞😞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, this is the sister who looks the most like me. She matches closest in DNA, too (all five siblings took the ancestry test). Funny, all four sisters' voices sound like our mom's. The family resemblance is strong, and the DNA results showed zero surprises.

      Unlike for a cousin's wife, who found out that way (in adulthood) that she had been adopted and her parents never told her! Never any drama for us... I used to be a bit jealous, but finally accepted that my folks were old-fashioned rule followers.

      Carl was very happy to have his Daddy come home and collect him yesterday. Blog to come.

      Delete

Plans versus actuals

  This is one that could have been predicted:  I got out the hose and filled the kiddie pool while Ember was finishing one of her puppy naps...