Sunday, October 22, 2023

Grandma got me a new bone

 

I still got her up at 3 a.m. on Sunday.

I'm being what my mom calls "grumpy".

Grandma wouldn't let me go out again until after the sun rose.  I secured the perimeter and did my business in the backyard.

Grandma started peeling potatoes and dumped baby carrots and the cut up potatoes into the big crock pot along with a very interesting hunk of beef.

While that was cooking, Grandma drove me to the dog park where I got bit last year.  I don't really remember being upset about that.  It upset the humans far more than it did me.

Grandma, though, was muttering something about needing to "face her fears", and that she had just me, no distractions.  I had a good time.  I met some new friends and we played chase all over the park.  And nobody bit anybody!

Sure enough, by lunch (or late lunch) time, the roast beef was ready, and I got my share.  So yummy, and it smells so good.  I didn't even mind that Grandma wouldn't let me out to harass the Prisoner while he had his supper.

Grandma said to remember to say that "Life is good" and to "Keep Sparking".



16 comments:

  1. 3am? I hope you got in a little afternoon nap...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No such luck! Carl is zonked out on my bed and I'm trouble shooting Fitbit / Google watch interaction. But need to put myself to bed!

      Delete
  2. What a good boy you are Carl for Grandma! Glad you had a great time at the park and made new friends!

    Enjoy the day! (((BIG HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Carl blog!!πŸ₯³

    -RunKeeper Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arf! Hope you're all recovered from your vaccine side effects by now.

      Delete
  4. Yes, it was great to hear that the park was a great visit this time. Great fun to 'hear' from Carl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We have survived two of the six days, so far, while the kids and her parents are B&B-ing a "ghostly" themed town for Halloween spooky season. Carl would not have enjoyed that so much.

      Delete
  5. Enjoy the Carl time. Poor kitty 🐈‍⬛ gets exiled again. πŸ€—πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But it *is* self-exile. Carl I am sure would be OK with him.

      Delete
  6. I love the Carl perspective!
    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do! We got up at about 4 Monday morning, but thankfully Carl let Grandma not off a bit on the couch while he was a "lap dog" (size large).

      Delete
  7. Carl, oh no on the 3 am wake up! Grandma won’t like that if you keep doing that! LOL

    OHhhhhh, I can only imagine that the bits of beef were very interesting to you! They . . . . are . . . . good!

    Glad that you had a good time @ the park and nothing untoward happened. I am sure that Grandma was VERY pleased.

    ANNNNNNDDDDDD . . . you got your shard of the beef! Good Grandma, eh!

    Be nice to Prisoner! Grandma loves you both!

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job grandma, facing your fears! And Carl, what a treat to hear from you πŸ₯°

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the dog bar actually wore him out tonight! You should have seen all the costumes! Dog-parents are so creative... they are up in my FB story, and probably will blog a few here later.

      Delete

Plans versus actuals

  This is one that could have been predicted:  I got out the hose and filled the kiddie pool while Ember was finishing one of her puppy naps...