Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Happy Halloween

 

The daycare that "lives" in the same building as my personal trainer's studio brought the kids over to trick or treat at some of the cooperating businesses.  Such cuties, all of them!
I am prepared with a little bit of a lot of different kinds of sweet and a few salty treats.  You never know how the neighborhood might have changed in composition over the year.  But I'm hoping to get rid of most of this lot.


For those who might have wondered, I was right about the pirate winning first prize (cute, huh?)  

And the butterfly won second:  such a patient pup.


Leaving Carl in 3rd place, but he was totally happy with the treat collection that he got for his paw-rents' efforts.


Hope you're all prepared and having a good Halloween!  Because Life is good!

Spark on!

14 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween! Carl looks so good with placing in the contest. The kids looks so cute. Hope you have a wonderful Halloween.

    Have a wonderful day! (((BIG HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you had a wonderful evening full of trick or treaters, too.

      Delete
  2. The kiddies are adorable. Personally, I think Carl was robbed!
    No hobgoblins here. We're too far out in the boonies.
    Happy Halloween!! 🧙🏼‍♀️🦇🎃👻🐈‍⬛🕷️🤗💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I don't think he was robbed. Those pirate dogs had a whole pirate ship built by their owner to ride in! They earned that prize. And the Butterfly dog, well, that wasn't home-made, but the dog's attitude was prize worthy. So no complaints from this peanut gallery!

      Delete
  3. I love Halloween…lots of fun memories thru the years. Where we moved to this year, there are no trick or treaters knocking…we miss the fun of seeing the little ones in their costumes. Hope you had a few ghosts and goblins at your door. Eissa7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love seeing the costumes. I love the social education they get from parents who come along, "what do you say?" I love the who guessing the costumes routine and the kids' explanations. A great holiday!

      Delete
  4. Well done Carl! All of them are cuties, the two-legged ones and the four legged ones. Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! Those kiddos are absolutely adorable!

    Carl did a great job!!!! LOVE his costume.

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of them asked me if I had any candy, and I told him I was sorry but I didn't know they would be there, so my candy was all at my house. Adorable kiddos!

      Delete
  6. Yay, to Carl!
    Nephew’s pup was put into his yellow raincoat and was Georgie from Stephen King’s It. Sis got a pix of him near a flood drain with the red balloon tied to it. If there was a photo contest somewhere, he may have placed, then again, I am biased.
    -RunKeeper Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wonderful thing about our pets is we're all right... every one of us has the best one ever!

      Delete
    2. One thing I know for sure: We don’t deserve them!

      Delete

Mother's Day

  My daughter in law spent Mother's Day with her mom and sent her husband (my son) over to spend some time with me!  He brought Carl alo...