Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Protectors in the night

 

Carl:  "I have saved you from 21 potential murderers so far tonight!"

This from his house, across town.  As of lights out, his paw-rents have had about 90 trick or treaters.  I had 8.  Sigh.

Prisoner:  "I want out."  "No, in."  "No, out."  "No, in."

Best interaction with a child?  I asked the little girl on my doorstep who she was, and she replied, quite literally, "I'm your neighbor!"  Her mother at the foot of the steps and I both started to laugh, "No, I meant who is your costume?"

"Oh, I'm Wednesday."  Of course she was.  It was a great Wednesday Addams costume, and I was embarrassed that I didn't recognize it at once!


Unfortunately, only 8 trick or treaters came, in total, so I'm going to have to find someplace to give a lot of candy away... I'm thinking the hair cutting place!

Life is good!  Keep Sparking!





12 comments:

  1. It's those literal comments that make the little ones sooo much fun!! They are also incredibly honest!

    Carl stands guard. Kitty, being curious, didn't want to miss anything.
    Love it!

    Happy Wednesday! 🤗💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do so love a good child conversation! They are indeed literal, but so ready to learn!

      Delete
  2. We got zero!
    -RunKeeper Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😔Sad face. Another tradition slowly morphing / ending?

      Delete
  3. Well done Carl! Well, Wednesday did say once at Halloween that she was dressed as a homicidal maniac and they look like everyone else, so she was right both times - LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, homicidal maniacs look like "everyman"!

      Delete
  4. We were spare as well with kids. They didn't start until after 5 and ended at 8. I was used to the kiddos starting right after school. Times have changed.
    I've too much candy left over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. Got rid of about half the excess yesterday, sending the chips home with Alicia! More to go, though. If I can hide it from myself long enough, the lawn mowers come next Tuesday...

      Delete
  5. That little girl sounds like cutie! Yup . . . it's a conundrum what to do w/the candy. Sounds like a good idea to bring it to the hair salon.

    hugs and good job, Carl!

    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still smiling over my "Wednesday" visitor!

      Delete
  6. How cute what the little girl said. We didn't do Halloween this year, but we could hear kids outside.

    Have a wonderful day! (((BIG HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are years when it's the better part of valor to just "not" do a holiday. Hope all's well, and you have a good Friday ahead!

      Delete

Toys and their spaces

For every plaything, there is a "spot".  Ember has decided that cardboard tubes mommy gives her to chew to destruction should be p...