My goodness, the news and the flooding in many places, but locally, it's the return of the heat to start September. The first two weeks are slated to have high temperatures in the 90's Fahrenheit. Ember and I are taking our leash walks in the 7 a.m. hour.
We come home, me drenched in sweat, even though the temperature might be "only" 74F. Some days a shade less, this past week. We've actually had a nice cool patch, but it's over now.
Ooh! Ooh! Big news... Chris Downie just posted on Facebook the announcement of SparkPeople 2.0 being live, and said we can post our personal invitation links on Facebook or wherever, so here's my invitation to you.
On the Lynda front: I heard through the Spark-grapevine that some one of the group called her son's restaurant and the person who answered the phone had seen Lynda the day before. So it just seems she's "offline" as far as the blog is concerned. That is good news, but I don't know how we'll keep up if she can't post and doesn't get her voicemail.
That said, Life is good, Ember is taking up the whole couch, and keep on Sparking!

Yes, my plan for getting my window back and putting away the A/C is on hold until this heat wave goes away. The 3Hs are back and I am not a fan this first day of September. Thanks for letting us know about Linda. Keep cool my friend and thanks for the Spark link. Huge hugs.
ReplyDeleteRabbit, rabbit! I'll bet you are glad it was put on hold, at least for the next few days.
DeleteSame beginning to September here, hot, humid, lather, rinse, repeat . . . all week.
ReplyDeleteSP IS LIVE! Oh, didn’t know that. Haven’t been there yet today.
Well, Ember sure looks comfy. That’s what’s important, right. LOL
Stay cool.
hugs
barb
1cd
I don't know if it's live, live or if Chris is stress testing rapid growth in membership by letting us go wild with the links. We each now have a permanent link that is our personal invite to the world. If people use it, it gives us Spark points, but it's not the points that are important to me. It's that friends who I might not even know were interested or didn't get an invite will have more avenues to "come back to the party". Oh, and I may not be big on coming up with new ideas for features, but I have pointed out two bugs, so far. It reminded me of my working days. I used to give the testers "Bug Finder Award" badges when they found our goofs!
Delete