Saturday, January 1, 2022

Welcome to 2022 - Happy New Year

Does this look like the promised snow storm?


Welcome to the Winter Storm.  The warning when I went to bed last night had it starting here at 3 a.m.  The phone when I got up told me to expect snow at 7 a.m.  It is now a minute to 9, and the snow is lightly falling.  It started about 15 minutes ago.

I went to bed early last night, because I was tired.  I had no social plans, especially due to that storm forecast.  I got up early, because I wanted to be SURE the cats were inside, when I woke up between 5 and 6 a.m.  I expected to see snow on the deck!  But it was not there.

Nonetheless, I proceeded with my plan to start a crock-pot soup.  I had seen a recipe somewhere online, that starred corn and potatoes, a chowder.  And I had veggies in the 'fridge that need cooking up, so here it is:

It has half a large red onion, diced, a bunch of broccoli florets, two small potatoes, peeled and diced, about 2/3 a bag of frozen corn kernals, a can of no salt cream of mushroom condensed soup, a box of chicken broth, a couple of handfuls of frozen pre-cooked smoked chicken breast tenders, and about a cup of 1% milk.  Crock on high for the first couple of hours, to make sure the frozen bits get started, including the need to thaw and cook.  Then keep on low for the rest of today.

Stay warm my friends.  Stay safe.  And have a happy and peaceful start to your 2022!

Life is good.  Keep on Sparkin'

💖✨🔥⛄❄❆

14 comments:

  1. OH goodness! Your soup sounds tasty! Perfect for a cold day.

    Expecting snow later, too. Supposed to be 4-6 in. Hope they’re wrong about that, b ut we’ll be prepared. And then . . . bitter cold. Teens w/wind chill well below zero.


    Happy New Year!

    Hugs
    barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patiently watching it fall, while I pace, heat up the cracked corn bag, and post progress photos for my former Nebraska pals who now live in places like California so they can rejoice in their good choices? Except during fire season, of course!

      Delete
  2. Happy new year!
    Our NY eve dinner was potato soup I made and DH is verrrry happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Homemade soup makes for a happy supper! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. Happy 2022, Barb!! Wishing you good health, fun, lots of laughs, and much happiness as we continue on life’s journey!❤️ Eissa7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same good wishes are reflected back your way! 💖

      Delete
  4. The storm didn't miss us. About 3:30 a.m. the rain started, changed to freezing rain about 4:00, followed by more freezing rain mixed with sleet, and now, 12 hours later, it's all snow.

    Dinner was Hoppin' John, steamed cabbage, and corn bread muffins. Trying to hit all the good luck foods.

    Played around with Blogspot and I think (with lots of trials and many errors) I managed to get something posted. Not sure how to get the word out. https://speded2.blogspot.com/
    One thing at a time.

    Glad the storm missed you. Today is enough winter for me. I am now ready for spring!

    Happy New Year's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo-hoo! I followed the URL and added you to my reading list. You'll have at least a couple of us following your adventures as we start 2022!

      Steamed cabbage sounds about perfect!

      Delete
  5. We got about five or six inches of snow. It's so pretty and we needed it badly.

    The soup looks and sounds really good. It's perfect on a cold winter day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My heart hurts for Colorado, but I'm glad you got that snow. We topped out much less than the predictions, and I'm just as glad for that.

      Soup turned out great.

      Delete
  6. For all the snow they were calling for here, there is barely an inch out there so far. Worried about ice underneath but will be checking later when we head to Mass. Lovely looking soup! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be careful out there! Stay warm... my phone is telling me it is minus 5 Fahrenheit just now, and it's not going to be above zero when I head out to start shoveling, either. Brrrr! Guess we needed a wake up call to start the New Year?

      Delete

Going with the flow

  In the corner of the yard, during Ember's "last call" backyard time on Thursday, The Prisoner crouches on the corner of the ...