Saturday, January 29, 2022

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

 

Another place the Prisoner likes to curl up:  on top of the clothes I sleep in, on my bed.  Wednesday morning he was sleeping there when the guy came to deliver the water softener salt.  He woke up, took himself down to the sliding glass door to the deck and miaowed loudly, demanding to not be in the house if there were strangers here!

And yes, in my perusal of the Harry Potter magical world series of films, I got around to Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, inspiring the title, but it kind of goes with the cat and dog stories... where to find them.  The invisible beasts from the film?  That would be the cats whenever anybody else shows up at the house, and especially if Carl does.

The second service guy came about 10:50 a.m. to change the furnace filter.  They became invisible again during his visit.

The local public health director did her news conference Wednesday morning, rather than Tuesday afternoon.  We are still in the red on the risk dial, 4th week in a row... essentially since the beginning of the year.

It's pretty normal for the national media to be declaring the surge has peaked when it peaks on the coasts, but it hasn't peaked here yet.  Hospitalizations, especially, were up this week over last week, so we're not done yet.

I'm feeling good about my "outage" from normal activities.  My working sibling in town let me know of others in her circle who had experienced a "four day cold, but negative for Covid 19".  Kind of matches my experience.  Still glad I stayed home and didn't share it!

Thursday

First day back at the trainer for a workout.  Took it kind of easy.  But back!

Picked up groceries.  Dropped off some donations of N95 masks to family members who hadn't got theirs yet.  

Friday and Saturday

Pretty much stuck to the home front, decompressing.  Carl and the kids, meanwhile, were out tramping some wetlands.  Might call this Saturday clip from a video "Carl ice skates"?  It's warm for January, but they did find ice in the wetlands.  You can tell it's sunny by Carl's shadow!


While they play outside, I'm prepping for the next season of Billions by streaming the last season.  Why is it I get into these dramas of rich, warped people?  I tend to get sucked into Succession, too... all really mentally warped and WAY beyond my level of personal greed.  But still I watch them!

Here's hoping my fellow Spark refugees are staying well and taking care of yourselves.  I may not have had a whole lot to say this week, but doing my best, too, to live one day at a time, and just relax into what has so far been a pretty OK Winter.

Life is Good.  Spark on! ✨💖🔥

17 comments:

  1. I think that cold was here in our neck'o the woods. Caroline had a fever and the yucks for 2 days after her mom had the same thing last week. 50 miles away DD2 also has slightly recovered something similar. My man and I have been unusually healthy!
    More and more people I know have gotten Covid and I assume it's a matter of time before we join the crowd. My mask works well for me and I am used to wearing it.
    Your animal stories bring me memories of Oscar trying his best to get through the snow; Dachshunds are at such a disadvantage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dachshunds with their short legs, Carl with his long loping ones... totally different snow experiences! Glad you're healthy and cautious, both! My fellow gym rat never did test positive and is back lifting this week as well.

      This is the strangest Winter, weather wise. I was just thinking about a winter I spent commuting to and from Baltimore, expecting all the time for the weather to get cold and snow... and that year, it never did! Some years are like that, but they are unsettling when you are mentally waiting for that second shoe to drop!

      Delete
  2. We're having a nice warm and sunny weekend. Scooter is enjoying the snow and running around in it. More snow on the way next week though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😀😀 Enjoy this weekend, and anticipate the appropriate snow next week, too! 🌞⛷ After all, it's almost Winter Olympics time!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you're well enough to be out and about a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dramas are compelling and I have the same problem. Succession has ended only to be replaced by the Righteous Gemstones and Somebody,Somewhere. Two totally different shows, but I enjoy both of them. Then there's scifi and Resident Alien, my very favorite guilty pleasure.

    Stay safe. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess we need to have something to follow... two or three generations back it was the soap operas (they used to be on the radio while moms worked in the kitchen)... novels in a different form, and we can hardly wait for the author to build the next one in the series.

      I discovered that I had not watched about half of season 5 of Billions... they skipped about a year of production, due to Covid, and the brokers in masks and working the vaccines into the plot became part of the story in there!

      Delete
  5. I think it is like an accident, you know you should look away but you just can't. Tigger slips under the table sitting on one of the chairs when a stranger comes in. She can peek out but no one can see her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tigger sounds like a real charmer. Loyal to you, and watching for any potential danger!

      And you're right about watching accidents in slow motions... add the mystery element of figuring out just what the villian is up to...

      Delete
  6. Yes, there does seem to be a cold going around. Fortunately, it’s bypassed this house! Have 40 clove chicken soup on board. No self-respecting germ will survive that! LOL

    Prisoner looks comfy.

    Here’s to your #’s going down. Ours have, as well as hospitalizations. I am in WI.

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strong medicine, clove chicken soup! Glad you're staying safe.

      Delete
  7. New cases have gone down here in Central Texas while hospitalizations have gone up, with many folks having longer stays at the hospitals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Problem with statistics is that when it's you or your own loved one or friend, it seems to count more than all the numbers in the world. Glad you're staying safe!

      Delete
  8. I love your fantastic beasts. They are adorable. Woohoo for going back to the gym!! Stay safe and warm.

    ReplyDelete

You take pictures because...

  I don't know about you, but I take pictures so that when the trying times happen (and they do)... you can look back at the sweetness, ...