Thursday, February 2, 2023

Daily Gratitude as January ends: January 29 - February 4, 2023

 A fresh new week in which to be thankful for life.

Sunday, January 29th, 2023

This morning I am thankful for a fresh new day, for no "accumulated" new snow, and for central heating, as the great cold snap has arrived.

Monday, January 30th, 2023

This morning I am thankful that failure to publish is not a crime.  Turns out I didn't put this out on Sunday, as I should have.

I am also thankful for a pleasant "family" outing to the movies, with no mishaps.  I am thankful that I looked trustworthy enough for a lady walking with her cane asked me to assist her off the curb, even though my left ankle was kind of acting up on me.  I am further thankful that ankle did not collapse and tumble the both of us!

Tuesday, January 31st, 2023

I am thankful today for hot running water and how good a shower feels after a good workout.

Wednesday, February 1st, 2023

Today I am thankful for my Wednesday afternoon walks, and for sunshine for today's session with a sister!

Thursday, February 2nd, 2023

Today I am thankful for the whimsey of Groundhog's Day.  Of course the movie of that name adds a whole new layer of whimsey, and leaves us thinking about do-overs.  Face it, we all get many, many do-overs and chances to "do better" over the course of our lifetimes.  My mom got advice from a wise person in her life about why we hang around the planet, "you either have something more to give, or something more to learn"... so I'm thankful for that opportunity to give and to learn, as each new day dawns.

Friday, February 3rd, 2023

Today I'm thankful for "the evening and the morning"... i.e. the separation of time into days and nights.  The King James version of Genesis tells the creation story in poetic terms, "the evening and the morning were the first day".  And day by day is how we build what we later come to recognize as our own lifetimes.  I am thankful for life.

Saturday, February 4th, 2023

Today I'm thankful for memories, and the things that trigger, preserve, and reinforce them.  I was doing a little digital cleanup, and found a ten year old collage of my first triathlon outing.  And another from the year before that, a half marathon with a Spark friend.  I have my computer wallpaper set to a photo of myself with my brother at a 5K, the last time we were together in time and space.  One can be transported... this is time-travel in a good sense.


And that wraps another week of gratitude.  New post coming on Sunday!

22 comments:

  1. 01-29 - I am grateful that sometimes instead of posting a reaction to a dumb post or dramatic post I pause and realize it is not worth my time.
    01-30 - For those lovely days I don't have to go anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing what a pause will do for us... "just scroll on by"!

      Delete
    2. 01-31 - for wonderful books and time to read them.

      Delete
    3. Savor that reading time. I'm thankful for fellow readers and recommendations, too.

      Delete
  2. 01-30 I am grateful the ice went east and south of us and we missed the storm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better late than never!
    We're getting a cold snap this Saturday, today it's in the 50's! We've had nothing more than a dusting this winter. I can't say I'm missing the snow as much as I thought I would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I'm not really missing the snow, either. Except I worry for our farmers whose crops will bear the brunt in the months / year to come.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a successful Sunday!

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  5. 01-31 I am grateful for the sunny day and no wind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 02-01 Happy February!! Another cold month of winter now is behind us. I noticed on the news this morning they were counting down days until Valentine's, St. Patrick, and spring. I'm grateful that I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gratitude for companionship in wanting to see Spring come 'round that corner!

      Delete
  7. 02-02 Happy Groundhog's Day! I agree with the advice and I would add that we get to take with us all that we have learned.

    Oil change, tire rotation, and a general check-up for the car. Now I need to make a doctor's appointment...I'm next. ;-)

    Grateful for a very good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're all rotating through those "maintenance" tasks, aren't we? The house, the car, our bodies... things need minding and carin for! Glad you're having a good day, too.

      Delete
  8. 02-03 For the first time, in longer than I can remember, I slept through the night. No waking for those middle of the night trips. Today, a day filled with energy and soooo many little things accomplished. To say that I am grateful is a massive understatement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy for your productive day after that wonderful sleep! May it become a regular occurance!

      Delete
  9. Funny how bringing those digital memories to the forefront make fore smiles. I brought a 'reflective' photos up for my phone screen. Easy, peaceful feeling....now sing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can count on you for a good ear-worm! Thanks!

      Delete
  10. 02-04 πŸ¦…πŸ¦…now we all have an Eagles ear worm. 🎸🎸☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favorite groups... and I have many faves.

      Delete

Plans versus actuals

  This is one that could have been predicted:  I got out the hose and filled the kiddie pool while Ember was finishing one of her puppy naps...