Sunday, February 12, 2023

Another week of gratitude February 12 - 18.

 

I'm putting the cracked corn bag as the week's theme, because Paula said she likes polka dots!

Sunday, February 12, 2023

Today I am thankful for the vigilance of NORAD, and that I feel I can trust them to adjust to the world as it is these days.  I well remember my young son heading off to basic training, and his desire to serve something bigger than just self-satisfaction.  There still is a quality of honor, and I am thankful when I see it in the younger generation.

Praying for our leaders' wisdom, and for peace in the world.   

Monday, February 13, 2023 

Today I am thankful for the distraction that sports gives us, the joy of "Chiefs Nation" winning the big game Sunday night, and the amusement of the Puppy Bowl promoting adoption of shelter pets.

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Today I am thankful that the grocery store offered a discounted price for roses today.  Put them in your own vase, and life is good!


Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Today I'm thankful that the snow storm won't hit us until after my eye appointment.  We've dodged several bullets in terms of winter storms this season, but we really need the moisture, so I'm just thankful for the personal timing and hope the snow does come in volume.

Thursday, February 16, 2023

Today I'm really, really thankful to be retired and not have anyplace I have to go today.  The snow is 10 inches high on my deck, and we have about 3 hours snowfall remaining in the forecast.  Schools are closed and those of us luck enough to be safe and warm and sheltered are also rejoicing because we really, really need the moisture!


Here we have the drift on my front steps!  I'm grateful for its beauty and that I'm free to appreciate it.

Friday, February 17, 2023

Today I am thankful for sunshine, even though it is cold, and a second day to work on clearing off.  I gave up after about five sessions yesterday, with only about a quarter of the driveway cleared, but thankfully, all the sidewalks.  My ankles were calling it "done for the day".  Ankles? Seriously?  Yes, ankles.

1 p.m. Friday!  Ominous snow overhang, but you can see the drive is cleared enough to get Dexter the Honda out.


Saturday, February 18, 2023

Today I am thankful for getting to the point in my life where I feel OK about taking breaks.  Breaks from snow clearing.  Breaks from cooking for myself.  Breaks from blogging... whatever... "a change is as good as a rest", right?

And that wraps this week of gratitude.  A fresh new gratitude blog starts tomorrow!

18 comments:

  1. 02-12 I am grateful that cleaning is my therapy and a constructive coping mechanism to deal with stress. My kitchen sparkles from top to bottom. Today marks 6 months that my life took a drastic turn. I pray that NORAD, and those brilliant pilots, keep our world safe from a different kind of drastic turn. I agree with Barb's post: pray for our leader's wisdom and world peace. 🙏 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  2. 02/12 - Yes, so glad for Norad and all the hard work they do. Today I'm grateful for a quiet fun Sunday watching the SuperBowl with my mom. I need a nothing day and got it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good game, too. I enjoyed halftime show.

      Delete
  3. Yes, this is a different world, isn't it.

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Galentine’s Day ♥️

    -RunKeeper Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. 02-13 Another spring like day! Out early to get errands completed before the wind and rain move in tomorrow. High wind warnings are already posted. I'm grateful there's no snow in the forecast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 02-13 So grateful for leftovers. I had to do some serious cleaning and cooking was the last thing on my mind. So, happy I had leftover from the big game day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 02-14 Happy Valentine's Day to you! 💝💞💗

    ReplyDelete
  8. 02-15 Hope the eye appointment went well. Glad you were ahead of the storm. Rain tonight here with a dusting of snow by morning. I'm grateful it's a decent forecast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 02-16 The forecasters missed! Freezing drizzle early this morning. Above freezing now, with snow predicted. I, too, am grateful for retirement and the choice to stay in and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, wow! Real snow! I 'almost' am jealous. I took the recycling out today in slippers and no coat enjoying the 60F breeze. Usually we've had 3 snows by now. Not a one. Only 3-4 days of excessive freeze. The crocus are blooming in my neighbor's yard.
    I hate climate change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering that it's mid-February and we are getting our first "real snow", and it's likely to melt off over the weekend (yes, even the 10 inches we got)... I'm not griping!

      Delete
  11. 02-17 That's a lot of snow!! The sun took care of ice and snow removal today. I'm grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 02-18 The sun is shining. The temps are heading in the right direction ⬆️. Long conversation with oldest DD in NC this morning. I'm grateful for the nice start to the holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great week of gratitude! I am grateful to have enough time away from work to read a blog 😂 I started to clear the front, and only made it down the steps, then I was DONE. Thankful for neighbors with snowblowers that did the rest ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, that was me, Ace! (Having trouble getting blogspot to publish comments as ALICIA363 😢)

      Delete

Plans versus actuals

  This is one that could have been predicted:  I got out the hose and filled the kiddie pool while Ember was finishing one of her puppy naps...