Sunday, February 19, 2023

Gratitude week of February 19 - 25, 2023

 

Time to start a fresh week of gratitude.  Small things or large, what's lifting your heart today?

Sunday, February 19, 2023

Keeping the Valentine's flowers in the spotlight, these are from Sunday morning.  I am grateful for their resilience and cheeriness!  

Monday, February 20, 2023

Today I am thankful for another beautiful sunrise, and the increasing minutes of light in our days.  Spring is on its way.

Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Today I am thankful the trainer is back in town, ready to get me back on track and in the routine!  He and his family had a fine time in Orlando, Florida (saw lots of great photos on Facebook), as did a couple of other friends who were in Mexico over the past week / weekend.  February is travel season from here!  While I did not travel, I got my virtual travel through the travel of friends.

Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Today I am thankful for how learning builds upon simple concepts.  Counting is a simple concept.  Upon it, all of arithmetic is built... addition and subtraction, multiplication and division are all shortcuts for counting.  Higher math builds further upon these concepts.  Proofs or tests, everything, builds upon counting.  When all else fails, we can count on the beat of counting.  

Thursday, February 23, 2023

Today I'm thankful for endorphins, and how my body responds to a workout.  I am thankful that the streets were not so bad for the drive over to the trainer's studio, and that I'm safe at home in the warmth again.

Friday, February 24, 2023

Today I am thankful for a nature that wakes up hopeful and optimistic.  Perhaps that's what mom was referencing when she called me her "happy baby".  I regularly quip that there's not much in life that a good night's sleep doesn't improve.  And it's true.  Waking from a good sleep, it's easy to see hope in the sunrise.

Saturday, February 25, 2023

Today I am thankful for opportunities to continue learning and thinking, well into our senior years.  Technology offers up games that teach... current example is something called Chrono, which gives you three tries to get six historical events into chronological order.  

Game Link here

Tomorrow we'll start a new weekly gratitude post.  I do hope that everyone is doing well, as the sunlight increases!

33 comments:

  1. 02-19 The sun is shining. The thermometer reads 62* outside. The front and back storms are at half mast to let in fresh air. DD came for a short visit. Supper is a big spinach/strawberry salad. Tonight there is a new episode of "The Last of Us". I'm grateful a day filled with all the small things that make life so grand. 💖☺️

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had three days in a row with some sunshine lighting up our world! I've enjoyed spending time outside soaking up the rays and fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always glad to see this time of year roll around!

      Delete
  3. 02-19 I was thinking the same thing. I still have my flowers from birthday that look beautiful still. It brings a smile to my face to see lovely color of flowers during winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when flowers refuse to heel to their expiration date!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful roses!

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ❤️ I noticed the leaves starting to droop on the roses now... they are still pretty, but... like all cut flowers... they will be gone before too long.

      Delete
  6. 02-20 Another day with a lovely taste of springtime. I sent for my packet of "thank you/gratitude" cards today. It will be an ego boost for me and the recipient. ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  7. 02-20 We've had beautiful weather, but snow is coming back. Today I'm grateful for a nice cooking day making pizza for us and meatballs for Scooter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Virtual travel works fine. I went to the gym today and lasted 8 minutes on the treadmill. I managed to perform some upper body work for another 10. Exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job. Ease back in! And yes, recovery is hard work, and exhausting!

      Delete
  9. Love living vicariously through others! Fun.

    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  10. 02-21 A sunny day before the storms move in tonight. Virtual travel is the safest way to see the world. 🌎

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been a bit of a stick in the mud when it came to gratitude. I put it down to the cold but then I am grateful for the cold as it forces me to rest and to be grateful for my health when it returns.
    22-2 I am so grateful for Lent. For the step back and reflections, the fasts and almsgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 23-2 I am grateful that I am able to stay home when the weather is awful. I remember having to walk to work on icy paths.

      Delete
    2. 24-2 I am grateful for getting the chores all done with hubby's help.

      Delete
    3. What a blessing you have in your partner! And in having that freedom to stay home when the weather is dangerous, too.

      Delete
    4. Thank you, I sure do.
      25-2 - for breadmakers and being able to have a hearty slice of bread for breakfast. ;)

      Delete
    5. Ooh, I don't have a breadmaker... sounds like an adventure!

      Delete
  12. 02-22 Lots of rain today, but not the big storms that were predicted last night. The sound of the rain was very soothing. So soothing that there wasn't much accomplished today. Grateful for the chance to rest..

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a love/hate relationship with math. I remember my chemistry compound creation days in the lab. Once pre-packaging came along I no longer had to make weight by volume or molar based solutions. Ye old quadratic equation was my BFF. Nowadays I 'google' things like pounds to dollar or interest on a 10 year loan. Viola! The answer is painlessly there. I still need answers to my questions based on mathematics.
    I'm happy you had a good workout. I managed 25 minutes on the treadmill yesterday with another 20 on equipment. Getting back in the saddle again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feels good to be "back" after a forced hiatus, doesn't it?

      Delete
  14. 02-24 A good night's sleep is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was feeling very discouraged last night, but was quite certain that all I needed was a good night's rest. I was right! Feeling much more positive and ready for what may come my way today. Bonus: The sun is shining!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is so good to hear! Indeed, it's cold outside, but even just seeing the sun rising through the window... lifted spirits!

      Delete
  16. 02-25 It's been a very quiet day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I liked that game! Thanks. Right up my OCD alley of ordering things.

    ReplyDelete

Mother's Day

  My daughter in law spent Mother's Day with her mom and sent her husband (my son) over to spend some time with me!  He brought Carl alo...