Saturday, March 25, 2023

Daily Gratitude week of March 19 - 25, 2023

 Happy New Week to all!  St. Patrick's day behind, a month and two days 'til the tiny Wedding.  


Sunday, March 19, 2023

Today I am thankful for family.  My daughter in law to be shared with me yesterday a form of privilege she and my son have talked about:  having supportive parents.  

It's not just parents, it is all the loving adults that might surround a child, in short, a family.  She was not aware of my family's disruption during my early years, but in my 4-year-old time frame (yes, over 60 years ago), I was bounced among 3 different households because my mother was hospitalized.  So were my older sister and infant brother.  4-year-old me?  Always felt loved, regardless of the living arrangement.  So today I am thankful for family, be it nuclear, extended, or self-selected... and the love and support they give to one another.

Monday, March 20, 2023

Welcome to Spring!  Today I am thankful for a smooth lab draw at the Dr's office, safe travel to and from, and sunshine!

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Today I am thankful that the clothing I ordered online arrived in time to try it on... some styles look fine on the models but not on me.  I may end up in a different color than the bride's favorite, and that's OK.  I have a month to decide!

Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Today I am thankful for choices, and the time to weigh them!   

The bride's colors are orange and navy.

The orange wrap dress... doesn't fit so well.  The photo is on a model, from their website.  


The suit they chose for my son is navy.  

I am thankful I ordered two different styles (wisdom comes with age), and that I have a couple more weeks to contemplate.  Navy is good for the mother of the groom, and it fits better.


Me as an aging, barefoot hippie, trying it on.  

Oh, and I'm thankful that I can laugh at myself.

Thursday, March 23, 2023

Today I am thankful that I'm still in the loop of at least some of the old work-place.  A friend from there who just kept on working is finally deciding to retire, after a 53 year career!  They have a party planned for April Fool's day, which seems appropriate for a possible surprise "no I'm not" kind of announcement, doesn't it?  I've been notified by two different sources and I will try to go.

Friday, March 24, 2023

Today I am thankful for sunshine in the morning.  It just starts the day with cheer!

Saturday, March 25, 2023

Today I am thankful for kid sister who dropped over to deliver pantyhose!  And for drama on the TV as fiction, rather than news.  1883 is what I imagined Yellowstone would be!

51 comments:

  1. Looking forward to another week of gratitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the love emanated from ANY source helps a child feel alive and thrive.

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  3. A long phone call with DD in NC. I am grateful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an uplift to talk with our adult children, isn't it?

      Delete
  4. Thankful for a walk along the lake in the sunshine today with DD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today I'm grateful for making a wonderful Sunday dinner with my mom. It's nice to have her doing things in the kitchen again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad your mom is able to participate again. Onward to even more healing.

      Delete
  6. Never felt unloved as a child throught my immediate family and very large extended family and friend of my parents. Grateful for these memories.
    PHOENIX1949

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These childhood memories are a good basis for extending love to generations yet to come!

      Delete
  7. Spring has sprung! I'm grateful. 🌷🌼🌻

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mom is about 90% better now and today was the first day she did her normal chores that she hasn't done in months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love this reason for gratitude! What a blessing recovery is!

      Delete
  9. Whatever you wear, make sure YOU are comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen. Not just comfortable, but able to move in it. Dog handler. I'm always interested to see what the lady handlers wear at Westminster. How can they run in those shoes?

      Delete
  10. Rain all day. I'm thankful for a warm, cozy home and no need to go out today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. April showers, coming in March... but the little sprouts need them, and we, thankfully have those warm homes to retreat into.

      Delete
  11. Today I'm grateful to sleep-in. I've been so tired from everything and had a good sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another great thing to fuel gratitude: good sleep!

      Delete
  12. I like the navy dress! You look great in it. As for barefoot hippie, I'm right there with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially when trying things on. The bride has approved my choice. Now I have to think about silly things like pantyhose and shoes. Ugh!

      Delete
    2. Just had that chat with my kid. The last time I wore heels was for DD1's wedding in 2007. I managed to get through the ceremony without falling and took them off as soon as we got to the reception. Never again.

      Delete
    3. Alicia has volunteer a pair of pantyhose she doesn't wear anymore. Shoes still an issue... I could end up wearing pantyhose and running shoes. Hee.

      Delete
    4. πŸ˜‚. Actually a pair I’ve never worn. Not sure when I bought them! These days I use the tinting life Timon and go bare as I’ve seen most women do.

      Delete
    5. “ life Timon” = tinting lotion. Stupid device. A coworker wore hose recently - I’m guessing because of an injury - I sure hope they aren’t coming back!

      Delete
    6. LOL... never worn, and not sure how long ago purchased? Hope they haven't disintegrated in the package... we shall see!

      Delete
  13. Blue is my favorite color so I leaned toward the Navy dress before reading it's the chosen one. Also, the style takes me back to the good old days. A niece refers to my 'hippie' clothes as Bohemian, BOHO, chic!
    PHOENIX1949

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL... they are both kind of "hippie chic"... I now understand why old ladies dress in fashions of their youth... it makes us feel still young!

      Delete
  14. Barb, that dress is really beautiful on you. ROFLMBO – an aging, barefoot hippie. Nah.

    Hubs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, if you look at the first photo (family Thanksgiving) in the post and realize only four of us depicted are still living... aging, barefoot, hippie!

      Delete
  15. You look great in the blue dress! I like the style and love the bare feet. My mom used to complain when I tried on dresses and left my socks on. Sometimes I do it just to have a laugh before taking them off to see what the dress really looks like. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It will probably be too chilly do actually do bare feet on the day, but a warm beach wedding it would be wonderful! LOL... and I remember wearing socks while trying on, too!

      Delete
  16. I am grateful to have a DD nearby to help with the twice monthly grocery shopping. She is a blessing!
    The blue dress is gorgeous. Barefoot is always my first choice. 🦢🏻😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grown up children who reverse roles and help us out are wonderful!

      Delete
  17. Wow! 54 yrs Really don't see that anymore! Congrats to your colleague. Hope you can go to the celebration.

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have no idea what happened to the comment I left yesterday.

    You still don't show in my reading list??? I'm grateful that I found you. I hope today's comment will post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They must be having those glitches again! Hope it straightens out, and yes, your comment posted just fine.

      Delete
  19. Today had a wonderful day out with my mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to know your mom's up to that kind of day out!

      Delete
  20. The navy dress is gorgeous! Lovely choice. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Now to make sure I fit in it for the next four weeks!

      Delete
  21. It was a nice day to rest. You still don't show on my reading list. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not on MINE, either! Oh, well. Glad you have a link, at least, and tomorrow it will be time for a new post, which hopefully will show up.

      Delete
  22. Barb, if you have posted anything new since 3/25, I’m not seeing it…what’s going on?? Eissa7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't posted anything since Saturday, when I last updated this one... other than a few comments on other's blogs. Motivational slump?

      Delete
    2. I totally understand! I was FINALLY on a 4 day walking streak then my DH tested positive for Covid…I’m waiting to see if I’ll get it…so far, negative. It’s a mess since we sold our house and moved in with family while our new house is being renovated…they are immunocompromised so we moved to a hotel!! Ugh…way too old for this adventure….Eissa7 (Karen)

      Delete
    3. Condolences on the DH Covid case. I think my slump started when Dr. Osterholm (Minnesota Covid expert virologist) podcast about his own Covid positive last week. Then a cousin and his wife, 50 miles down the road--second round for them. And those of us who've already had 5 shots aren't eligible for a second booster yet because of "rules"... Yes, WAY too old for this kind of "adventure"!

      So, hugs and encouragement... get through this and keep on keeping on!

      Delete

You take pictures because...

  I don't know about you, but I take pictures so that when the trying times happen (and they do)... you can look back at the sweetness, ...