Saturday, March 18, 2023

The Madness is on!

Basketball was on in the background on Thursday.  It was on when I got to the trainer's studio for my workout that morning, and I've put it on when I got home, too.  I do love me some March madness.  With the emphasis on some.  It gets tiresome above a certain limit.  It was a good game, W. Virginia versus Maryland, in the final minute with only 3 points difference on the scoreboard.  Maryland eked it out with a last minute shot.

As strange as this "spring forward" week has been, it's ending with entertainment.

We had snow outside, still falling, but not accumulating.  I'm glad I don't have to be going anywhere.

Midway through St. Patrick's Day, the young couple posted on Facebook, a selfie with the signage in the background.  Says the young woman, the mythical son asked, "If I buy this, will you make something with it?"  Have I mentioned she's a bit of a crafter?  Double entendre thrives in our family.

Her wedding bouquet, made by her mom.  All the decorations are made out of book pages, and I'm willing to bet a lot of the guests will be trying to match them to well-known literature.




I see Creighton got through round one of the tournament.  Woo-hoo.  I did not fill out a bracket, but I still root for the regional favorites around here.  I'm always pulling for Kansas and Creighton, for example.

I was happy to hear that Princeton pulled off a first round upset... I have friends out that way, too.

Some potentially "good games" ahead for Saturday, but I might or might not be watching.   

Meanwhile, daily life goes on.  Property taxes remembered and check written.  There have been years when time got away from me and I didn't notice the lapse until I had to pay interest on them.  Not this year!

I ordered the frames for Carl dog and puppy drawings, and I picked them up Saturday morning.  They are 11 x 14, matted to 8 x 10.  What a cutie, puppy and dog!  And what beautiful art to celebrate him as the matchmaker of this lovely couple!


I have boxed them up, but don't have any wedding wrapping paper... so ordered that as the next step.  

Life is good.  Keep on Sparking!


8 comments:

  1. The flowers are genius! A nice photo of the happy couple. The big day is getting closer. 👰🏻🤵🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything is "book" oriented. She works for a publishing company, and is a published author (of a coloring book about the little free libraries). And yes, that day is growing closer.

      Delete
  2. Not much for college basketball, but I do like it when an underdog wins big.

    What a sweet picture of the two of them. It's getting close for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is getting close. They have said "no gifts" but I could not resist a personal one.

      Delete
  3. I love the smiling faces!
    I also love they they embrace crafting.

    The excitement here is palpable. GS2 is friends with the son of the Princeton coach and he was frenzied watching the games as well as spying his friend on the TV! His dad had to go out and lower the BB hoop so Ben could practice his dunks during a break. I was a 'hoopster' back in the day and sometimes I go one on one with this 9 year old who is more than half my size. He beats me every time and one time announced "Nana, you'll probably never be real good and it's probably your age." O.M.G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smart mouth on that kid. As the daughter of a bench-rider from the Iowa girls BB team at Abraham Lincoln HS in Council Bluffs... pfft to him! I'm sure you were AWESOME back in the day. My mom could still shoot underhand free throws when I was a teenager.

      As for the kids, she's been home taught by creative mom and dad both. Her mom made that book bouquet for the wedding.

      Delete
  4. That is a spectacular idea – the wedding flowers made from books. I remember a Sparker who was really into making things from old books – can’t remember her name, but her crafts were exquisite!

    The pictures of Carl are absolutely beautiful! I am sure son and future dd-in-law will love them!

    Here’s to a blessed Sunday. Enjoy the basketball!

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bride comes from a crafty, educated and erudite family, which of course thrills me (and her husband to be). They really do makes good partners.

      Delete

Plans versus actuals

  This is one that could have been predicted:  I got out the hose and filled the kiddie pool while Ember was finishing one of her puppy naps...