Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Time ticks on

It's been a week of quiet on my blog.  I was recuperating from all the scheduled / social / peopling things, and just not to up even on-line peopling, so to speak.  I did the minimum things around the house, and hid from the world.  I did manage to get Dexter's gas tank filled, laundry done, and otherwise sank into streaming a couple of shows on Prime.

I have to admit that in retrospect, it might well have been at least partly "how I mourn" for Rubia.  In the meantime, The Prisoner has been getting spoiled.  I had purchased several of the little premium cat food cans to try to tempt her to eat in her final days, but since that failed, The Prisoner started getting fed breakfast from a can.  And now he has become quite vocal in his demands for this morning treat.  This reminds me of my sister's cats, who have had their food routine set to adapt to their medication needs.  They, too, are accustomed to having the morning greeted with canned breakfast, and meow at whichever caregiver is present to let the human know it's time!

About fifteen minutes before their closing time, they eye doctors texted me that my "new" glasses were ready to pick up.  I texted back that I'd pick them up Wednesday morning.  I warned you that you would not see much difference:


New.

Old.

Tuesday evening I heard rumbles of thunder.  Sure enough, a few drops were starting to fall.  I don't think we got a lot, but it's welcome.  I padded downstairs to take a photo of the sky.  The Prisoner was wise enough to not go out in the rain.

Wednesday morning my daughter in law swapped messages with me about an upcoming opportunity to Carl-sit.  The kids are heading down to a resort town for a vacation the latter part of October, and I get my favorite canine.  They trust me!  Despite the mishap of their honeymoon.

So I have a month to get myself (and the house) in Carl-shape!

Life is good.

Spark on!







8 comments:

  1. Awwww, yes, I imagine part of the hibernation is related to mourning little Rubia. Glad you still have Prisoner to spoil.

    Yes, have to say your new glasses look almost identical to your old ones. They look nice on you!

    Beautiful photo of the sky during the storm.

    Well, glad you’ll get some Carl time. And hope the kids enjoy their vacation! Good luck getting thing “Carl-ized”.

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad for the good test results for Jason (yes, I do read the updates from the Chat, even though it's rare that I comment over three). I just got off the Chewy site where I ordered some treats and toys so Carl will have some "new" things when he comes to visit. And I'm very grateful I still have The Prisoner to spoil. He and I both miss Rubia!

      Happy mid-week, and may the healing at your place continue!

      Delete
  2. You have been missed. Loss is loss. We all grieve in our own way and in our own time.

    We've been promised rain, but so far nothing. Nice photo.

    Enjoy the time spent with Carl. October is the BEST month to travel.

    Have a sparkling evening. 🤗💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just got inside from having done a little more hacking at the bushes and no, we sure didn't get much rain out of that overnight front. I know I felt drops at bedtime, but by noonish, you'd think it was the dust bowl. Hope you get more!

      Delete
  3. I so understand that mourning. I had a cat for ten years and when he died I mourned for a longtime. It took me ten more years to have another pet and that's when we got Miss Bella. The Prisoner is mourning too right along with you. (((BIG HUGS)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just catching up as I have an eye incident and am working around seeing double. Maybe I should start blogging again and things will get quiet once more. :D Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear! Eyes are nothing you want messed with! Hope things *do* get quiet again, blog or not! ((( hugs )))

      Delete

Mother's Day

  My daughter in law spent Mother's Day with her mom and sent her husband (my son) over to spend some time with me!  He brought Carl alo...