Friday, September 29, 2023

Friday!

 

The Prisoner is 12 years old, but sure seems fit and healthy.  I'm not sure how cat years translate into human, but we can all learn from them:  they stretch often!


Friday morning, we had the brightest moments of the fourth consecutive Super Moon, as it headed for the Western horizon.  As captured by my phone camera it almost looked like a sunset.

The Brick masons showed up after the sunrise.  The one young man let me know about how the moon is getting farther away from the earth in its orbit as the years pass.  It's a slow move away, of course, but his comment sent me on an internet search. 

Since we were predicted to break the high temperature record for September 29 (and we did, btw), the men did their work as early in the day as they could, and were gone by 11 a.m.  The job is done, for the most part.  They will return on Monday to wash it down.  

The molding brace holding the capstone arch in place will remain in place over the weekend, and I'll avoid using the front door for that time.  The color of the mortar will lighten up as it dries fully, too, and the places that they did a few days ago are hardly noticeable now.  

As soon as I noticed they were gone, I went to the next item I'd been putting off.  I called the car dealer to schedule my oil change, tire rotation and inspection.  He asked if I wanted to bring it in at noon!  I did.  After that I went out again to pick up a prescription that was ready and a few groceries as well.

The kayak rental company is doing a full moon paddle tonight (Friday) but I waited too long and they were all booked up.  Instead, I reserved a kayak for Saturday.  This is the last weekend they are going to be renting.  After this I might have to lay low for a couple of weeks and save up my energy for the next Carl week.  

Life is good.  Keep on Sparkin'!

10 comments:

  1. It's looking good with the brick.

    That's to bad that you couldn't get in on the night paddle. That would have been beautiful under the moon. Have fun tomorrow on it though.

    Have a wonderful weekend! (((BIG HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wore myself out and canceled the paddle, after checking in with the body on Saturday morning. Methinks I need to cave for a while.

      Delete
  2. Looks like they did a great job on the brick work. Yes, we could learn a lot from cats, I always know I need to stretch more and Tigger always looks at me like I am just dumb - LOL. Enjoy your last paddle of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kitty looks majestic in that top photo. Perfect pose.

    The workers are smart! Record breaking heat yesterday here, too. Hotter today. Big sigh! My prediction is that we get to shovel for Halloween. Not my idea of a good trick...or treat.

    Neither sailing, nor kayaking on "Moonlight Bay", still, that's what came to mind. Enjoy the peaceful time on the water.

    Happy Saturday! 🤗💕🛶

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are out there on Monday morning with the power washer and scrub brushes. This should be the last day.

      Whew!

      Delete
  4. Awwww, yes, Prisoner looks wonderful. Such a beautiful color.

    Great photo of the Super Moon/Harvest Moon. Beautiful.

    Glad that the masonry job is done! Feels good to get things checked off the to do list.

    Oh, too bad you missed out on the full moon paddle, but . . . . at least you have on available for today.

    Ah, another Carl visit coming up! That will be nice!

    Enjoy the weekend.

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Hope you're feeling better by now. Those lingering yucks are not fun!

      Delete
  5. PHOENIX1949

    Your blogs have been missed. Just read your note on Lakeside Lady's blog and, excuse me, I'm doing a cut/paste of my comment from there.

    I'm scheduled for Covid vaccination and flu shot tomorrow. Spouse had both two weeks ago but I was dealing with my second surgery that week related to my April cancer diagnosis/treatment so delayed. On the 20th I will get the results of recently surgical biopsy; and plans for what's next in this challenge. Hopeful that it will show I'm cancer-free for now and go into maintenance phase of treatments.

    Next week Monday my spouse meets for results of his radiation treatments for cancer; also hopeful that he will test cancer-free for now and go into maintenance phase of treatments.

    Finally we got some heat relief here in Central Texas. This week has been delightful weather-wise and the person we hired to clean up our flower beds has done a very nice job. It's difficult to find someone responsible that shows up and gets the job done in these parts these days.

    Single-level cottage sounds like a good match should you actually decide to make a move.

    We had a golf-ball size hailstorm two weeks ago and have a roofer coming by tomorrow for estimates for the insurance company. The hail also beat up our gutters. Oh, the joys of ho-MOAN-ership.

    Hugs.

    Reply

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for kind of checking up on me. I'm still dragging, I'm afraid. Bad sleep last night, headaches, and nausea this morning (Saturday the 14th), so back to bed. Ugh! Hope the Covid vax is kinder to you than it was to me!

      Delete

Plans versus actuals

  This is one that could have been predicted:  I got out the hose and filled the kiddie pool while Ember was finishing one of her puppy naps...