Wednesday, September 13, 2023

You won't see much of a difference...

When the new glasses come, that is.  With assistance from my driver / sister, I picked frames that look very similar to the current ones on Monday morning.  However, I expect my view will be somewhat different / better.

The current ones in a selfie with The Prisoner.  The Prisoner has decided he needs to do some of the things that were Rubia's duties now that she's not around to do them.  Today he was up nudging my computer mouse-hand for attention!

Sunday morning, I put in another session on the project to pull down the vines and cut down the volunteer trees.  I was pacing myself and came in after an hour or so, and three bins full.

My over-peopling time period continues this week with my two trainer sessions and a financial "review".

Next week (as mentioned in the prior blog) the Brick Mason's crew will start the tuck-pointing.  

There was a surprise in my mailbox on Monday... a sympathy card from my daughter in law, for the loss of my cat Rubia!  I did not expect this, but I have to admit to being once again impressed by this token of kindness.  I think the older we get the more we prize simple acts of kindness.


Ooh, surprise!  Tuesday morning while I was off working out with the trainer, the lawn guys came and took away my branch pile from the bottom of the driveway!  It was just a little pile, but now I can take down a few more before Friday's garbage day!

Trainer workout schedule is skewed this week due to a track meet for the coach, on Thursday.  So my second workout will be on Friday instead.  He ran the Last Blast Triathlon this past Sunday, when I was lopping those branches in the photo, not kayaking the swim leg. I had said after a scary drive pre-dawn last year that I would not volunteer again for the race.

Wednesday morning I got a text from the brick mason, asking if they could start today.  

They are doing the deconstruction of the columns this morning.  We played the circuit breaker guessing games to figure out how to cut the power to the landing lights, and the cord stretching to figure out if we could reach their cord around to the outdoor plug in spot, since the same circuit breaker turned off power to the outlets inside the garage.  Homeownership is such an adventure, isn't it?  Most of my breaker box is nicely labeled, but nothing mentioned the porch or landing lights!  Obviously, I have not needed to turn that circuit off for the past 24 years.

Life is good.  Spark on!



8 comments:

  1. The Prisoner is trying to ease your loss by taking on some of Rubia's duties. As a previous cat owner, I do believe they are perceptive to human emotions. You have a lovely DIL, as you are well aware. That card is so touching.

    Hope the cataract surgery has helped with those scary driving times.

    Have a pleasant evening! 🤗💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is doing his best, my Prisoner.

      Yes, the surgery has helped a lot with driving concerns, but I was too peopled out to go to the triathlon on Sunday, anyway, so was glad I'd already said "no".

      Delete
  2. Barb: You know, these last 2 weeks have proven to me that I am susceptible to over-peopling, too. No appointments today and Sooooooo glad. Would love to have kept my robe on, but . . . . then I wouldn’t have gotten ANYTHING done! OL

    Your DIL sounds like just a lovely woman. She understands you!

    Well, glad the brickmasons are on the job. Sheesh . . . guess it’s an age related thing but . . . they look like KIDS! LOLOL

    That’s sweet that Prisoner is trying to step up to the place and perform some of dear Rubia’s past duties. Sweet.

    HUGS and have a good afternoon.

    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't those brick masons look YOUNG!? It's not just me, good!

      It's more than over-peopling, it's having got used to lesser levels and having my peopling skills get rusty, too!

      Prisoner has always had a sweet disposition, so this stepping up to a more pro-active role in getting mom's attention is a new thing.

      My DIL gets my son to sign all the cards that come my way but I know who does the work of choosing and writing the kind words and mailing things! She's a gem!

      Hugs back, and hope your evening goes well and you get some restorative rest from the peopling!

      Delete
  3. I usually stick to similar frames, too. The one time I thought I was being different, by choosing a purple frame they turn out to be the purple version of the black frames I just had the previous Rx😆
    -RunKeeper Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, certain frame shapes flatter certain face shapes. It's like a haircut... you find what works and often stick with it!

      Delete
  4. How sweet of the Prisoner taking on Rubia's duties. He's probably grieving as well. Your DIL is a treasure and how lovely for her to send the card.

    I'm pretty much the same way with frames as I am changing my blog. I always have to change things up.

    Enjoy your day! (((BIG HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that selfie of you and Prisoner ❤️ ~Ace

    ReplyDelete

Plans versus actuals

  This is one that could have been predicted:  I got out the hose and filled the kiddie pool while Ember was finishing one of her puppy naps...