Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Fly chasing is tiring work, ma.


From Monday afternoon:  Ember was so distracted by a fly, that she forgot to finish her corncob treats.  That fly drove her nuts
.  









Banana nut bread, shared by my daughter in law.  Afternoon snack for the human also from Monday the 19th.

The cardinal that's growing up in my neighborhood has been hanging around, chirping cheerily.  When I can't see him, I can hear him.  He adds such a nice splash of brightness to both sight and sound.  

Puppy nap breaks on Tuesday have been spent repairing whatever "enthusiasm-induced" damages my favorite canine inflicted.  Tuesday morning, it was the couch, where she didn't completely remove my prior repairs, but did start working at it.  Tuesday afternoon, it was the drapes on the sliding glass door to the deck.  Sigh.

Wednesday morning I woke early

The bladder got me up.  The brain kept me awake.  Gave up and got up.  I discovered I had not finished and posted the blog, so doing that now.

Life is good!  Spark on!

8 comments:

  1. I saw you were living in Somnia, one of my frequently visited places! I always give up when the brain kicks in as mine goes 0-60 in 2 seconds. I do something else, mostly solitaire, and eventually I snooze for a bit. At least we don't have to get up to go to work, eh? I've also embraced naps.
    I love your cardinal. They are such bright points in the landscape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This promises to be a fun day of balancing rest and challenge. Ember is down for puppy nap #1, and I have fixed "enthusiasm side effect #1". Now for a quick shut eye before the next round.

      Delete
  2. Flies drive me nuts too, Tigger just watches them for a bit then goes to sleep. She use to catch them but now as an old lady she can't be bothered. Naps are on our schedule too - LOL. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fly chasing is for young critters, be they human or feline or canine! Ember sees on land on her haunch, then chases her tail, etc.

      Delete
  3. "Many people believe seeing a cardinal is a “sign” that those who have passed are with us in spirit. These people believe that the redbird is carrying a message from a deceased mother, father, sister, brother or friend. The bird is seen as a go-between from the great beyond to those still here on Earth." ~ The Mountaineer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Ember. Hope that the fly is not longer a source of distraction for her!

    That banana nut bread looks DEEEEeeelicious!

    Cardinals . . . the males are so vibrant in color! Love seeing them.

    OH my goodness! Ember, find something different to get interested in besides the couch and drapery!

    Sorry you had a sleepless in Nebraska night. Had that the night before. OY

    Here’s to a good hump day.

    Hugs
    Barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe not that fly, but any fly will do! LOL. My daughter in law makes the best banana nut bread, it was great. Your wish was Ember's command. The next target (see next blog) was carpet.

      Delete

Manipulating the environment

Did I mention that trying to "manipulate the environment" so that Ember doesn't rehearse undesirable behaviors has caused me t...