Sunday, August 18, 2024

if they don't win... it's a shame

The home team lost by a single point, but not for lack of excitement.  The momentum of the game swung back and forth several times before the end, and the bottom of the ninth we entered four points behind.  A double and a home run brought us to with two.  We got one more run before the final out.  

It was a beautiful night to be outdoors.  Full moon over the bullpen.

We had classic picnic fare on the Home Run deck, under the scoreboard.

And then moved to better viewing seats for the game.

Came home with scones and banana nut bread, provided by DIL and her mom.  So the scone, baked by a friend of son's in-laws as "practice" for a State Fair entry became part of Sunday morning breakfast.

And the funny coincidence in the parking lot was discovering that DIL and her dad had dressed alike, as had my son and I.  We all had the "uniform" shirt, but DIL and her dad were both in jeans, and son and I both in khaki shorts.  And no, we didn't call each other, but we got a giggle out of it.

Meanwhile, Ember was in her overnight longer than usual.  Sunday morning, Mom's a little tired, and Ember is full of energy.  We made it to puppy nap #1.  So you get the baseball blog.

Life is good.  Spark on!

8 comments:

  1. Family fun time. Making special memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. We seem to be busy enough that if we get one ballgame in during the minor league season, we're good.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! LOVE scones. Quite the treat. I have tried making them, but nothing matches the scones I had when I was in London. But . . . worth the try!

    LOL! Don’t you love it when you are dressed the same as another family member. That happens all the time w/DH and me. Not anything planned . . . just happens. ESP I guess.

    Glad that things were all right w/Ember. Hope today’s a good day!

    And sorry the home team lost, but sounds like it was a good game.

    Hugs
    Barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a huge fan of scones, but I'm always willing to try another's efforts. This one was lemon poppyseed, and it was pretty good. When I get to the banana nut bread, I know I like my DIL's recipe, as I've had it before!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It was a fun time, and the weather cooperated, which is always a plus. A warm summer night with an almost full moon, under the lights.

      Delete
  4. My Rangers broke through their losing slump with a 1-0 victory, bottom o’ the 9th with a walkoff by our young hotshot Wyatt Langford. Let’s hope they don’t trade him off, he’s something else!
    Val

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to love "the home team" wins. I'll keep my fingers crossed for "good choices" by team management.

      Delete

Manipulating the environment

Did I mention that trying to "manipulate the environment" so that Ember doesn't rehearse undesirable behaviors has caused me t...