Sunday, October 10, 2021

Celebrating the Autumn weather in my walk

 

The trees are starting to turn

The bright yellow is starting to take over the deep green of late Summer in the leaves of this tree in my neighborhood park.  Some folks have already seen their peak colors, I haven't seen it here yet... but I can see it coming!

The cooler temperatures and the stiff breeze this morning started to stir the echoes of "Pioneer Woman", too, as I walked in a Northerly direction.  

This implies:  (American) football weather!  Out here in Nebraska, it just doesn't seem right to play football when the temperatures are in the upper 80's and 90's ℉.  But as it gets cooler, the game that comes to mind is just that!

Last night, the Huskers once again played under the lights, a night game.  It was looking pretty bad for a while, but it came out closer than I feared... only a 3 point loss.  So we could feel good that our team acquitted themselves well.

Even before the game, some natural aerators visited my lawn.  Crows, I believe.  They are large and black, and lack the purple sheen that grackles have.



The neighbors are starting to decorate for Halloween, but some houses that previously have done a lot have not done as much this year.  I noticed some new and whimsical offerings up this morning, as though to make up for it.

Cooking changes too

Some things I tend to cook more in the cooler months of the year, and feeling the season coming on, I am starting to do so.  Yesterday I made a big pot of turkey chili for the week ahead.  Yum!  

And then there is the aspect of "good sleeping weather".  I went to bed on time, and slept soundly, and lingered in bed until nearly 7.  Sleep, as we all know, is restorative.

Sunday blessing and pep talk

Now let us get out there and live, best as we can, this gift of the one and only Sunday, October 10, 2021 we will ever get!  With each choice based in the love for our common humanity, and based in kindness toward ourselves and others, may we both live the day well, and at its conclusion be blessed with the knowledge that it was enough, it was sufficient to our needs.  Life is good!  Spark on. ✨🎇💖🔥

And Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all who are celebrating!🦃🍲😍

10 comments:

  1. Those who are supposed to be in the know are saying that fall will arrive later this week. I'm ready. It's time for stews soups, and baked casseroles.

    Have a healthy, happy week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... a good time for those stews and casseroles!

      Delete
  2. Oh this weather is perfect for chili, soup and sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh turkey chili sounds yummy! Our weather is cooling down and there might be a dusting of snow on Tuesday down here. I love this time of weather especially the comfort foods.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the pumpkins on the lawn, they are really cute. Yes, since I have lots of turkey leftovers now in my fridge a turkey chili sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We didn't decorate as much as we used to but, I have noticed a lot of decorations around town. We also make turkey chili and I think there is even some in the freezer that we should eat as it is getting colder out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather has been so warm until the last couple of days, that this snuck up on me!

      Delete

You take pictures because...

  I don't know about you, but I take pictures so that when the trying times happen (and they do)... you can look back at the sweetness, ...