Friday, October 22, 2021

Getting in the spirit

 

I did not buy these in October

Some who have read my blogs for several years will recognize them as having joined my closet in February, 2015, when I ran the Gasparilla Half Marathon in Florida.  I made the mistake of going to the expo with a young cousin.  πŸ‘€  And I'm old and shameless enough that I still wear them!

The Gasparilla event, by the way, has a pirate theme, thus the skulls.  I wore them Thursday with a Halloween themed shirt I swiped from my brother's closet once he was no longer going to need it.

Anybody else having issues with comments from Jofraarchara?

I don't recognize the name, but it seems every day I get an e-mail notification that this ID has put a comment on one of my prior date blogs here on BlogSpot.  The comment does not actually appear when I go back to that blog, and the e-mail notifying me of the comment is a list of links to other blog spots.  Since I don't recognize this person, I am NOT clicking on the links, suspecting a phishing attempt.  Just wondered if anyone else was getting this?

The first time it happened, I clicked through to my post and deleted the comment, which at that time did appear, selecting "delete forever", and since then the comments have not appeared on my blogs, but the e-mails are still coming.  Seems like a robo-spam thing to me.

Meanwhile, Mom's Taxi Service has been re-started

What with the son's ankle sprain, his Dr. appt today, and his GF having just got her Covid-19 booster and feeling the side effects, I am useful!  For run #1, I got to his house, texted him I was in the driveway, take his time, and he rang my phone... "Do you remember my garage code?"  "No"  So he gave it to me... "I need help getting Carl into his kennel."

So I got inside, was greeted by a very enthusiastic pup, who was about ready to tackle me for the chance to go do something fun!  

I wrangled him into his vest and leash and took him outside, as requested, so the passenger could finish putting on a shoe.  Carl was on alert outside, wanting, I'm sure, a longer outing than he was going to get.  His "daddy" came out the front door, having got his shoe managed, crutches and all.  We let him pee, then I took him in and invited him into his kennel.  He was obedient, if not exuberant about it.

I'm thinking when we take the son home, I'll take Carl for a little longer neighborhood walk, 'cause he's been so impacted by his humans being immobilized for separate reasons.  Anyway, that's my intention!

Then we made the drive across town to the VA, dropped son off, and he told me to "go on home" and he would call when his medicalizing stuff was done.  He has lab work and a face to face with the doctor today.  He is breaking this new doctor in, his primaries had retired in the past year.  My house is a lot closer to the VA than his is.

So, I'm writing my little blog, and will later head back for Mom's taxi run #2 to take him back to his house.  Update on the ankle?  It's looking like the diagnosis of sprain was valid, in that there is some healing taking place.  He still can't put weight on it, but he's able to put his foot down for balance.  Still moving slow, and doing his best to follow standard sprain care instructions.  Carl does not always make this easy.

Pep talk:  the value of self-care

OK, troops:  the rest is standard pep talk--let's get out there and live the best Friday, October 22, 2021 we can manage, whatever life is tossing our way today.  Taking care of ourselves, best can do, is the best way to ensure that when loved ones need us, we can do what needs doing.  

Life is good.  Spark on!

✨πŸ’–πŸ”₯🐢😷

20 comments:

  1. Interesting about the blog comment spammer. It sounds a little like some of the odd (and bogus) names who keep trying to “friend” me on MFP.

    I haven’t gotten any spam comment attempts on Wordpress yet (that I know of, anyway!)

    Love the tights. Also enjoy Carl updates.

    Glad your crutches came on handy. I have so many crutches, canes, and braces from my knee, it isn’t funny. Some of them need new rubber armpit pads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The VA issued him crutches more suited to him today. They took one look at him coming in on crutches that were issued to his 5' 4" first wife and put him in a wheelchair for the duration of his visit, sent him home with rehab instruction and a new pair more appropriate to his 6' 2" frame.

      But he needed the ones we had to get hobbling even in to the Urgent Care to get looked at on Wednesday! And yes, he borrowed new armpit pads from his GF for even that trip. The old ones are now back in my garage.

      Delete
  2. It's impressive that Carl's coat is so shiny and sleek and regal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They keep him clean and shiny. He was happy to go for a walk in his own neighborhood with Grandma, too. We left his Daddy home to eat his drive-thru lunch in peace to do so.

      Delete
  3. I was wondering if Carl was having a lightbulb moment?
    teeheehee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee-hee! That's a file photo, btw, courtesy of the GF, when that couch was brand new. Can't believe how attached I am to that pup!

      Delete
  4. First, glad that you could help your DS get to his VA appt. And get Carl situated w/his GF having problems from her booster.

    God you are so wary. NOT SURE what happened, but my page is inaccesible under my 1crazydog -- to me, anyway. So had to open a new page under the new moniker barbjaylilly.

    What a fiasco! But starting from ground zero.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went through a day of having my Blogger pages (all of them, mine and other Spark refugees, too) inaccessible. Could have been ordinary maintenance, but could also be related to this suspected spam / phishing attempt, too.

      Delete
    2. That day of offline was Tuesday or Wednesday, I think.

      Delete
    3. Yes, not sure exactly what happened, but mega-headache.

      Delete
  5. How lucky for DS to have you as his mom. Good news that there are no broken bones. Sometimes though, a sprain feels worse and takes longer to heal.

    MFP still has inappropriate friend requests. Barb loses her page that is filled with positives and the garbage continues unabated. I don't get it. Big sigh!

    Happy Friday. Have a healthy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those inappropriate friend requests lead to other stuff, and once they have hacked someone, they get ahold of your friend list and off go messages that look like they came from you. Today I got one of them from "Anonymous"... and again, they did not show up on the genuine blog entry, just in that e-mail!

      Hope you have a good weekend.

      Delete
  6. That is so good of you to be able to do that for him. That is good news that it's not broken.

    I haven't had any weird comments. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling a bit of the after effects on Saturday morning... laundry day!

      Delete
  7. So far so good with the comments although I had a couple of weird ones on my video channel but after I dumped them nothing more was heard. Love the leggings btw.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your Internet instincts are solid. I don’t have time to look at both emails and posts, so I just have to trust that I will see what I am meant to see. Laying low this Saturday evening, post covid booster. So far so good *knocks wood*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaand you wore me down. I finally downloaded TikTok and subscribed to follow little Noodle and Mrs.Space.Cadet. I don't care much for the stuff they feed me and would like to turn it off, but there doesn't seem to be a way to DISLIKE stuff.

      Delete
  9. When I doggie-sit , I spoil . Tiny ice creams or small round donuts also known as Tim Bits . Give Carl a hug from me .

    ReplyDelete

You take pictures because...

  I don't know about you, but I take pictures so that when the trying times happen (and they do)... you can look back at the sweetness, ...