Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Onward

 

Tree in Silhouette 

There is something about being out after sunset or before sunrise... this photo was taken in the early hours of Saturday morning.  Note the lights in the house across the street.  There is a peace, unplugged and disconnected to anything but the environment around you.  Ember is checking it out, but so am I.



Overhead, the moon shines on the clouds, showing their own powerful images.  If I remember rightly, we had just a slight amount of rain that day.  We were predicted to get more, but it did not materialize.






Here's your Tuesday morning giggle. Ember and the soap.  She got it off the sink.  Perhaps this explains why the bitter spray doesn't work for her as a deterrent to chewing?

Tuesday morning, Pierre, the Ace Handyman appeared at the appointed time.  He looked at the door, then headed out to purchase a replacement for it.  This is going to cost me, granted $$$, but not as much as I spent earlier in the year.






Pierre was gone finding that door for about an hour and a half.  Meanwhile, I needed to let Ember out of the crate.  I have screwed up twice and she got into the laundry room to steal The Prisoner's food.  I had to drag her out of that room. Twice.

Pierre got back to install the door, and Ember was chilling in the X-pen.  I got the dishes hand washed while he was door shopping.

Ember spent a good deal of the install time on leash, watching Pierre work.  In the midst of all this Nate (the irrigation guy from the landscaper's) showed up to tear up my patio to assess where the leak was.  Ember and I spent some time on leash outside, too.

The installed door.  Unfortunately, either the magnets on the new closure are weaker, or the dog is more persistent.  She was through it before Pierre had been gone half an hour.  So, the extra baby gate will have to be installed (by me) when I get to it.  Right now, I'm just too exhausted.  Ember is in her crate for puppy nap #2, and I'm going to nap as well.

Still waiting to hear about the dishwasher part "on order" being shipped from another city, but the guy from the appliance repair service had said "late next week" last Friday, and it is only Tuesday.

Life in Emberville is good.  Spark on!



6 comments:

  1. As I noticed at our lunch, and you stated, the benefit of having Ember includes so much more activity that it's showing! You look great but I don't think I'd like to take your route to weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! It's been a costly route, but full of furry love! Each of us has our own path in life, activity, and health.

      Delete
  2. Ember ate soap???? LOL Her ‘poops’ will be fresh smelling1 OY

    Glad that the door was at least replaced, and hope the baby gate gets there sooner than later.

    HOPE that the landscape guy can get the leak fixed.

    Glad life in Emberville is good, despite all the tumult!

    Miss Lilly had her post op check up yesterday and all is well. HOPE never to repeat this chapter again!

    Love the peace and quiet of early morning w/Miss Lilly, when barely anyone else is out and about. Peaceful!
    Hugs and blessings
    Barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she seemed to like the soap, and was begging at the sink this morning, looking longingly at the leftovers from yesterday.

      I've got the baby gate, but am still deciding how to configure the three. The "new" baby gate is more complex to install, so I want to be sure of its placement before I go for it.

      So glad all is well with Miss Lilly!

      Yes, the landscape guy found and fixed the leak, photo in the next blog to come.

      Breathe, and may you and yours have a peaceful day!

      Delete
  3. Early morning, just before dawn, is a magical time. 🪄

    ReplyDelete

I did say I have a digger on my hands

  Ember's latest efforts, from Thursday morning.  She had started on this hole Tuesday or Wednesday, maybe even before that.  But as of ...