Monday, September 30, 2024

Monday Monday return to normal


Or "what is normal?"

Normal here is a one dog household.  An alert dog, watching what the cat is up to, around breakfast time.

Monday morning, I decided to take a time trial drive out to the new DMV building.  I had scheduled an appointment online for Tuesday morning at 9:30 a.m.  I wanted to scope out how much construction was between here and there.  

I was right to be suspicious.  There were a couple of streets that are a main part of the path from point A to point B that indeed had lane closures.  I navigated them easily enough.  

When I got to the lovely new facility, I decided to ask whether it was possible to go ahead and test today, so I would not have to drive across town again the next day.



They converted me from a Tuesday appointment, to a walk-in Monday appointment.  I had to wait until my number was called maybe half an hour.  

A good time to people-watch, being at the DMV.  You can see the young people who are coming in for their first test.  You can see the people who are moving in from other states having their test in this state.  For me, nothing had changed.  I was prepared to take the written test and even the driving test, if they asked, but they did not.  Just the eye test.  One less thing on my to-do list.  And I am glad I don't have to make the trip again.

I came home, changed laundry loads, and let Ember out of her crate at close to her usual "end of puppy nap #1" time.  She did not seem to be much interested in her harness, so we did not do a leash walk.  She did not seem to be much interested in chasing balls in the back yard, either.  Methinks we are still a bit worn out from all that playtime with Carl over the weekend.

I cooked us some cauliflower for lunch, and she shared a few florets.  Then as she was looking tired and it was about the normal time for puppy nap #2, I put her to bed.  Restarted the dryer, hunted down the headset, and started marking more items on my to-do list "complete."

I made my pre-surgical appointments at the doctor's office:  blood draw and exam.  I also scheduled the Thrasher guys to come look at Ember's excavation around that post that I've mentioned in a prior blog.  Now it's a waiting game.

Onward!  Life is good.  Spark on!

6 comments:

  1. So glad you got your license taken care of. Good job.

    Sounds like you had a busy but productive day and glad Ember did well w/her company. Bet it feels good to be a one-dog household.

    HUGS and blessings

    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like we got a double post of comment... I haven't seen that in a while! It was a push to get done what I did today and I was thankful that Ember was having a kind of low energy day!

      Delete
  2. Whew!! You accomplished a lot…I love it when I have a day like that!! Ember was worn out…Hope she stayed low-key to give you a well-deserved break!! Eissa (Karen)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did feel I got a lot done, but then I was worn out from it all. Ember had a good rest of Monday, and went to bed with no complaints.

      Delete
  3. Yes, I have to go and renew my license and my health card. Could do it on line but my picture is so out of date, I have been asked it that was me. Time to go in as well although our ServiceOntario is within walking distance if I would like. Yup, I bet Ember is still tuckered from company. I get that way too - LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Down here in my state, they let you renew your driver's license ONCE on line, then five years later, you have to show up and get a new picture. You can choose to go in and get a new picture, change your weight listed on your license, etc. if you want at the first renewal time, but it's so nice and easy to renew online! This year I had to show up in person because of my age.

      Ember, oh, Ember! She had a pretty good day today until while I was finishing up preparing my supper. She'd already had hers, and instead of alerting me of a need to go outside, she poo'd in the basement level. Sigh. That's one aspect of her potty training, she does not vocalize. She goes to the door and sits there, and if I'm alert, it's no problem, but if I'm distracted... as I was this evening... we have an "Oops!"

      And I sure was tuckered by all the peopling, so should not be surprised if she gets tuckered by too much dogging! LOL!

      Delete

Over-extended and too tired to blog?

  That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it.  Normally this phase hits me in about July.  It came late this year.  Just one or two to...