Sunday, November 21, 2021

Carl's latest demonstrated skill

Yesterday, when "the kids" came over, we were letting Carl romp about the overgrown back yard.  He loves that.  He was barking at imaginary squirrels and cats, remembered from past visits, and at a certain point, my son said to him "Carl, you're done now."  And he quit barking, and was still.

Impressive!  I'm going to have to remember that command for future reference!

Today I got my canine fix in the form of Barnaby, the rough coated collie, who is growing up fast.  I told his owner, Bill, that I can't tell if he's twice the size or three times since I last came out to say "hi"!  He's learning, too.  I tested him on "sit" and "lie down", and he did!  Awesome.

Last night's supper was a variation on the pasty that my ex-husband taught me to make.

In the version he gave me, it was made with ground beef, onions, potatoes, and an unbaked pie crust, folded around the ingredients, then baked.  This one has ground turkey, onions, celery, sage, and some cream of chicken soup for seasoning, baked in an unbaked pie crust.  It turned out very well, in my opinion, and will probably be added to the mix of "meals to warm up the house" I rotate through in the Winter time.







Meanwhile, The Prisoner has reclaimed his "King of the House" status.  This chair is his property, and the only reason for a human to be occupying it is to provide him a lap!

And the kids have now decorated their yard.  (Naturally I swiped the photo from GF's FB story):


When it gets dark and they light it up, I want another photo!

Meanwhile, even though the day started out chilly, it's sunshine out there now (as shown by the yard decor at son's place) and that tends to cheer the heart!  Now let's live the best we can for the remainder of this one and only Sunday, November 21, 2021 we shall ever get!  Be kind to yourself, so that you feel warm inside and can also extend that kindness to others!

✨πŸ’–πŸ”₯πŸ¦ƒ  Life is good.  Spark on!






12 comments:

  1. Barb...your turkey pastry sounds AND looks delish!!! Yes, I’d like to see the kids decor lit....do steal another FB picπŸ˜‚‼️ Eissa7

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, I have to try that; a variation on the pot pie.
    Looking Christmassy here, too. I hung the lights but haven't plugged them in yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very much like a pot pie! Ooh, glad to hear you're getting in the spirit, too!

      Delete
  3. Your pastry dish looks very tasty. Do you share recipes? If so, maybe the next time you post?

    The lights are cute! Too bad the critters can't really do all the decorating. πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really follow recipes. I can tell how I made a given dish on a given day... in this case I took a Pre-made pie crust, and wrapped it around the turkey mixture, which was leftovers from an earlier meal. See what I mean?

      Delete
  4. LOL! Funny that DS told Carl “You’re done now” and he stopped barking!

    Ohhhh, that savory galette looks delicious!

    LOL! Yes, Prisoner does indeed look kingly in your lap on HIS chair!

    Love the kids’ decorations!

    Thanks for sharing!

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! "Galette" is a new word to me. Thank you for expanding my vocabulary!

      Delete
  5. Yes, the dish looks yummy and I am going to try that out in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you like it! It's a thing I never thought to do before I married, a tradition from his side of the family.

      Delete
  6. Carl's such a good boy. The Prisoner is such a King of your Home. You made a yummy pie there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that recipe sounds good and cozy for a cold weather meal. I may have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Plans versus actuals

  This is one that could have been predicted:  I got out the hose and filled the kiddie pool while Ember was finishing one of her puppy naps...