Friday, November 26, 2021

Good breeding, or raised right?

The torch has been passed.  If the results in dog-behavior are any predictor of whether a couple would be good parents (NO, THIS IS NOT AN ANNOUNCEMENT OF ANY SORT) they pass.

Carl waited his turn and was only a *little* whiny.  He sucked up to all three guests, parents of the young couple.  Of course Carl is still convinced he is a lap dog.  GF's dad says he envies me having known Carl as a puppy!  

GF's Dad, who claims to be the soft touch.

GF's Mom, who says you don't need a weighted blanket if you have Carl around.
And me, flopped with lousy posture after both Carl and I have been "well fed".

It was dark when I drove home between 5 and 6 p.m., and of course that meant I was ready for bedtime routines when I arrived at my own house.

Today I had a morning workout with the trainer, and that felt good after the excesses.

We held a family Zoom across the miles in the afternoon, but the only folks who showed were the four sisters and our brother's daughter.  Our own offspring declined having, you know, jobs and such!

Before I knew it, the sun was setting again, as it is wont to do, this time of year!  


Sending vibes of peace and contentment to all!  May you take good care of yourselves, body and soul, as we move forward, one day at a time!



18 comments:

  1. I am ticked pink that you had a good time! Your son deserves some new happiness. You, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This Thanksgiving felt so much more normal than last. Though I was grateful for the Zoom version last year, the in person one is what one craves, eh?

      Delete
  2. A peaceful day...weighted dog blanket and all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And peace and contentment to you, too! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, there is nothing better than a weighted dog blanket and you both look really content. Sounds like the best of times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carl is adorable! Lovely time. Awesome pics that showed that. Peace and contentment to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, Barb! Just an old Spark friend catching up on your latest blogs. Looks like you are living every day to it’s fullest as reflected in your blogs! Happy to see you here! I am chugging right along carrying some extra weight but it Did me some good to check in here! I am not frequenting much check in or support on MFP but did notice that you were not around, but here I find you blogging away! Thanks for sharing! Tricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see you! Everybody has to find the tool set to keep them moving along. Writing has always been an outlet for me, but I kind of dropped off the posting of links over on MFP. I think I burnt out on the multi-platform thing.

      Sometimes it seems that we're all drifting away, but it's nice to run across "old Spark friends" and be reassured that whatever their point on the weight scale, they are doing OK!

      Delete
  7. Carl is beautiful, such a shiny coat.I love that he still thinks he's a lap dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all do, don't they, think they are lap dogs? Even the biggest breeds, seems they want the "puppy pile" closeness.

      That shiny coat is courtesy of his Doberman mom!

      Delete
  8. Awwwww, Carl looks like he was well behaved and spread lots of joy! LOVE the picture of him with his head in your lap. Sweet.

    Beautiful sunset! They are beautiful this time of the year, when the sun is visible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year the sunrises and sunsets have been particularly spectacular, I think. And now I'm typing with a lap full of purry.

      Delete
  9. Enjoyed the T-day narrative and all your pics. One Christmas before GC (grandchildren) we 5 kids bought a photo tree with 5 frames (locket size hanging from the tree limbs) and put pictures of our 5 pets for the folks to have when someone asked about their grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a perfect gift for parents... we'll take huggables with four paws as a substitute for GC, and just expand the heart when the human kind bless us!

      Delete

Plans versus actuals

  This is one that could have been predicted:  I got out the hose and filled the kiddie pool while Ember was finishing one of her puppy naps...