Sunday, November 28, 2021

Good Morning, Sunrise!

 Advantages of the "darkening season" of the year:


My son's GF posted a photo of the sunrise from their deck, and it made me go out and take one of the sunrise from my own.  Ahhhh... the advantage of this time of year is that I'm awake for both sunrise and sunset... and they are so pretty!

Who is already decorated for Christmas?

I am not.  Yet.  The kids are (I already posted those stolen photos).  So are GF's parents, her dad posted photos yesterday.  And my sister #1 was at her church yesterday for the community "sing along" of Handel's Messiah.  

Guess I'd best start getting myself in gear for the NEXT holiday.  The younger sisters are already doing Hannukah, which of course operates on a different calendar, so it moves around every year.  Happy Hannukah to my Jewish friends and family.

What are you doing for activity today?

It's only 30℉ (-1.1℃) at the moment outside, but it will be walkable with a light jacket in a couple of hours, according to the phone app that tells me such things.  44℉ (6.7℃) should be good to go.

What about y'all?  Indoors or outdoors today?  Or is it a rest day?

Whatever your today holds, make it a soul-filling one.  Be kind to yourself, this one and only Sunday, November 28, 2021 we'll ever get.  You are worth it!

Life is good.  Spark on!


18 comments:

  1. OUTDOORS, definitely, on this sunny day. 36 (a little over 2C), so not bad, not bad @ all.

    Happy Hannukah.

    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, OUTDOORS! We have to start acclimating ourselves, as there are several more months before Spring starts to peek out!

      Delete
  2. We don’t decorate, but my sis got her place decorated yesterday, away from the pups’ reach 😁
    Rest day for this lady today. Unless you count the mad dash at the grocery store 😆

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up going minimalist this year... will blog those photos tomorrow. Good day to rest.

      Delete
  3. We hung the outside lights last week on a warm day but didn't light them until Thanksgiving. I won't put up my tree for another 2 weeks. Family tradition has me waiting until the 15th.

    I'm up for plenty of sunrises and the good ones tend to be purple and orange!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mild years bring out the decor in us, don't they? But I'm not putting up any outdoor lights myself.

      Delete
  4. Lazy Sunday here. Our weather for the coming week is predicted to be in the low 70's here in Central Texas which is about perfect for me. Cold aggravates my arthritis that has plagued me since my late 30's (now 72).

    Spouse set up the artificial tree and we will work on it some each day for several days until the trimming is done. The furchildren watched him fervently so seem okay with the furniture that got shifted around.

    We just completed Test2 of a Covid Antibody Research Study last week and now have Booster shots on the list. Test3 will be in 3 months. No walk-ins available that I've found and the drug stores and our medical clinic require appointments set by a central number that handles only one at a time so not possible to schedule around same time for both of us. One trip and git 'er done makes life simpler, especially since I don't drive very often these days.

    Life is good. A dear first-cousin of my father passed on Thanksgiving day at age 95 + a few months and told her daughter she would be spending her future Thanksgiving in heaven with loved ones that are waiting for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, so sorry about the loss of your cousin. When I went to Thanksgiving small gather, turns out that son's GF's parents lost a neighbor that day, too. Also someone who led a full life. Circle of life.

      By the way, tomorrow's high HERE is predicted to be 71! Very unusual, might be breaking a record... we'll see how it really turns out.

      Hope your booster experience is smooth!

      Delete
  5. I don't decorate anymore for Christmas time except for the little crafts my grandkids do at school. Today was a girls day out celebrating my birthday with my DD and DGD. Keep enjoying life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That certainly makes post-holiday take-down easier! Happy Birthday to you, your DD, and DGD! 🎂

      Delete
  6. We still decorating inside and haven't started outside yet. We'll have the inside done this week and most of the outside, hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll bet there will be photos in your blog! Look forward to them! A bit at a time, and savor the process.

      Delete
  7. I let myself have a rest day yesterday. Back to work today! Hugs ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since it was the first Sunday of Advent our decorations went up, but I don't do it earlier than that. Cards will be going out this week too. Hugs and Sparkles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Advent is a wonderful time of year, don't you think? Every year, renewed recognition of the season of hope. Peace and joy of the season to you and yours!

      Delete

Plans versus actuals

  This is one that could have been predicted:  I got out the hose and filled the kiddie pool while Ember was finishing one of her puppy naps...