Thursday, November 25, 2021

Happy Thanksgiving, US

It's the end of my Thanksgiving to Thanksgiving postings on FB

Those gratitude a day posts are a perfect preparation for Advent and Christmas seasons for me.  It is the coldest day of the week, just perfect for heating up the oven and putting the sides and pies together!  Into the oven goes the classic.  And almost an hour later, it comes out to cool.

Thankfully, I'm not cooking the turkey this year.  I will be spending the meal at my son's house, defending my portion from Carl!

Son's GF has already posted her nervousness over the fact that Carl has discovered how low the holiday table is (compared to their normal "breakfast counter" height table... hmmm... with five folks around the holiday table, some of us "soft touches" he's bound to have a good day.

Courage, humans, pup must be praised for discipline, not cuteness!


Patient time leads to pie cooling.  Both cats have been banished to the outdoors, for sanitation sake while cooking for others!


The day before the turkey

You Spark refugees who are working hard to "stay on track", close your eyes now.  My partner in crime and I have been sucked into a big TikTok sponsored thing... Kyle Sheele, children's author and motivational speaker did another one of his crazy stunts, and it resulted in a promotional meal at Kum & Go shops, nationwide.  All within a week.

I, personally, think he just hit a time in our country where we all need something goofy to keep us from going completely 'round the bend.

The meal, and why I said Sparkies should look away, consists of two slices of pizza (smooshed together into a sandwich, but its self-serve so nobody's watching), and a Red Bull (which since I've given up carbonation for the past nearly 12 years, I did not drink).  We had a good giggle over how fast this thing blew up, but did nothing about it.  Until today.

Phone rings yesterday morning:  "will you drive up with me?  The nearest Kum & Go is at Gretna."  That's 37 miles up the interstate highway, on the busiest travel day of the year.  Right.  I hemmed and hawed for a bit, but then, "why not, let's go".  

So up the road we went, the intrepid driver and me... and yes, we downed those slices of pizza!


Eye closing goodness!

Now, here's hope we all make choices that balance our health, physical, mental and emotional, this one and only Thursday, November 25, 2021 we'll ever get.  I'm about to go starting veggie prep, as my own balance will include roasted Brussels Sprouts to be enjoyed BEFORE the pie!






11 comments:

  1. OH my my! That pizza honestly sounds good! Good think there are no Kum and Go shops here! LOL Love the picture. Pure love! LOL

    Happy Thanksgiving

    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it? After the turkey feasting, we usually (as a family) would go Italian the next day, just for the contrast!

      Delete
  2. Have a lovely family time. Safe trip. Yummy pizza!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, have a most wonderful Thanksgiving!

      Delete
    2. I so rarely have pizza, this was delicious! "Hunger makes the best sauce." Note, that's ALICIA363 in the photo, not me... I'm the wicked laugh behind the camera. Oh, I snarfed my pizza sandwich, too, but she was unarmed (no camera open at the time).

      Delete
  3. It was 48° when I headed out to the gym this morning. 73° by the time I was out. Such changes in temperature make my throat itchy 😔
    Happy Thanksgiving! Thankful I found you on Spark!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My loyal friend! Even though we have never met IRL, we follow one another wherever we roam, online! Runkeeper, MFP, and here, after Spark! I think I even have an e-mail addy for you. Also Thankful we found each other, and Spark gets the nod for that!

      Hope you had a good Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  4. Hmmmm, pizza sandwich.
    Being a pizza snob in the NYC area, I think we have something like this every Friday night. It's called 'fold your slice in half' when you eat!
    LOL, I hope you had fun. I 've never had a Red Bull. Still love plain old water.
    Enjoy your day after Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's how we ate our slice in NYC in 2019! I still have never had a Red Bull. I donated the can to the other household.

      I also love plain old water, but have discovered talking to others that water is more nuanced than that! Some water is acceptable to their pallate, some not.

      Delete
  5. More about the experience than about the consumption. I found Red Bull zero to taste like dental disclosing tablets from my youth. Not going to become a customer. Hope they got the $20,000 raised for No Kid Hungry!

    ReplyDelete

Plans versus actuals

  This is one that could have been predicted:  I got out the hose and filled the kiddie pool while Ember was finishing one of her puppy naps...