Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Foggy day, Lincoln Town...

 

It is rare for fog to still be visible at nearly 10 a.m. but today it is!  We had 31℉ when I got up this morning.  That's a nice little round ZERO, in Celcius.  OK, a shade below.

My trainer has shifted my spot later today, so going to blog before I head over.  It just happens to also prevent my driving in the fog!

October was a not so great month in terms of my adherence to healthy habits.  Between three weeks with trainer conflicts resulting in only one weekly workout, and the candy (yes, guilty), and other food comforts... well, like I said, not such a great month.  But November is a new month.  Fresh start.

There are holidays ahead; it's time for me to be pondering them NOW, not two weeks from now, or even later. 

My first goal for November is to re-start the water drinking.  I've not been averaging my full allotment in October.  Eight glasses of 8 fluid ounces should be doable, but for some reason, I've been more like six in recent days!  

I can do this.  We'll try this for the next week, and see how it goes.  I had fallen off the tracking wagon, and we all know where that leads!  But one small step at a time.  Recovery takes its own time, and the gentler I am with myself the less likely I'll rebel.

Here's to making today, Tuesday, November 2, 2021 the best we can, right where we are in life's journey.  After all, it's the only one we'll ever get.  And we are worth taking care of, each and every one of us... the world needs us, and needs us as healthy as we can manage.

Life is good.  Spark on! ✨💖🔥

14 comments:

  1. Yes, good thing November is a clean slate, new month and can move forward. Not sure why it was a tough month, but guess there was lots going on that I’m really just now processing. I guess that’s how the brain works, right! Get through things, then process.

    HUGS
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wise words, Barb, wise words! Onward, processing as we go.

      Delete
  2. My nocturnal trips let me know I'm getting my 10 glasses a day.
    😉 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yeah, with less water, I sleep better... the trick will be finding the balance... enough but not too much! My son once told me I need to drink less at a time, so the body absorbs it instead of just passing it on through.

      Delete
  3. It;s best to get that plan for the holidays done before they get out of control. You've got this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep On Keeping On! My first week on SP in 2012, someone posted KOKO on my profile page which was a new acronym to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good work!
    I've had the same slip ups.
    Today it's 29 and everything is crunchy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee- hee... crunchy. Yesterday the deck was slick in the frosty fog. It's a-coming!

      Delete
  6. I think I managed 2 grocery trips last month, which helped keep the candy out this year. Plus, my vanity has me thinking if the bf job has a holiday party this year, I would like to fit into something already in my closet and not have to go shopping 💃🏽
    Good luck with the water goal, I know it gets hard when its cold out, I start counting tea cups 🫖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job! I did *better* with the candy this year than last, but it was still not great. I start nuking mugs of water so I'm drinking warm, not cold water in Winter... I even did that once this week.

      Delete
  7. I’m with you 100%....I need to focus on the basics, water, healthy veggies, fruit etc...way too much junk has crept into my diet (ugh!). Time to refocus on one day at a time and small goals!! Eissa7

    ReplyDelete

Plans versus actuals

  This is one that could have been predicted:  I got out the hose and filled the kiddie pool while Ember was finishing one of her puppy naps...