Monday, November 1, 2021

There were some human littles, too.

 

Batman and Spiderman did their rounds together, thus answering the question for all us comic fans:  do DC and Marvel live in the same universe?

A shorter version of Batman brought his own Robin with him, and the little ladybug and her mom came along for the fun.




I asked who this young lady was, she said "I'm a Marine!"  I told her she was a bad-@ss one.

The candy it was "self serve" and socially distanced.  

Her brother, hearing me compliment the marine, asked his mom if it was OK to pose with his weapon.  He was so pleased about this opportunity he dang near forgot to take his candy.  Make of that what you will...

What kind of neighborhood do I live in?  Well, when I was down to just two little baggies of candy I turned out the lights and tucked myself in for the night, leaving those last two baggies on the rail.  When I got up this morning, they were still there, wet from the rain, but there, untouched by any mischief makers.

Some more littles, including a unicorn in a stroller with her mom dressed modestly.


The unicorn doesn't eat candy, they were just here for the fun.






This Queen of Hearts was making the rounds with the two marines.  It was an awesome makeup job!
This mom had to help her little reach the candy.

And now, as suddenly as it came, Halloween is over.  I had forgotten how fast the littles dash around, and I played grandma-aged lady, reminding them to be safe, watch for cars, stay with their designated grown-ups, etc.  

Now we pick ourselves up and move into the new month.  It's full of challenges... with weather changing, US Thanksgiving, baking for the holidays, and of course, adapting for whatever your local Covid situation happens to be.  And we just do the best we can, each day as it comes!  Because that is enough.

Life is Good!  Spark on!


21 comments:

  1. Yes, it was a whole lot of fun.
    The costumes this year seemed to make up for last year's tepid and hesitant attendance.
    My biggest hit was I took the screen out of the double hung window and passed candy through the 'drive-thru'. I got a kick out of how many kids yelled to the next batch we were using the window and how cool it was. The last visitor was here at 8:30.

    Enjoy today's Dia de Meurtos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your "drive thru" concept. I don't have a window I can do that from, but my "self serve" worked, and I could be out in the driveway with my camera, keeping a good outdoor distance!

      Delete
  2. Lol! Yes, it would seem DC and Marvel co-exist in the same universe. Great picture!

    LOL! Yes, one bad-a** Marine young lady! All the littles had great costumes! Creative Moms!

    Great way to dispense the candy!

    Oh my … 01 November. Have to make it the best one yet!

    HUGS

    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... let's see how well we can make November a self-care month!

      Delete
  3. What a day brightener! Thank you for this lovely blog!♥️♥️♥️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. On behalf of the kids and their parents, thanks!

      Delete
  5. What a fun time! Thank you for sharing all the great photos.
    Next stop: Turkey Town. Happy November! 🦃 🦃

    ReplyDelete
  6. I put a baby gate up in my door-frame so the dogs can "help" hand out candy... they get lots of pets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww... how sweet. I'll bet both kids and the dogs enjoyed that!

      Delete
  7. Those are some great costumes. I miss doing it, but we get so many kids that I didn't want to risk it. It looks like a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Understand the not wanting to risk it, especially if you live in a high transmission area! After all, those littles can't be vaxxed yet. It was fun, and I felt we mitigated risks pretty well.

      Delete
  8. Yes once again I found your pep talk helpful you said , ( Now we pick ourselves up and move into the new month. It's full of challenges.. ) I've had a month of just being so-so with my eating plans . I've had a small health thing going on and I find myself distracted from following my eating plan or lack of eating plan . I am on an antibiotic for a week so maybe during this week I can make a plan of action . Or at least get back to a calorie deficit . Your words , made me think about the whole month so I am going to set a goal of some sort . Maybe the goal is setting a goal and really working at it . See your pep talks are not just words blowing in the November wind . LOL .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can sure identify with having had a so-so October. Three weeks of it had only ONE trainer workout, and I made up for it with worse nutrition, to boot. Oh, well... onward to a hopefully better November!

      Delete
    2. To a better November . My motto for the month . Take care .

      Delete
  9. Great pictures of the little ones, and what a smart way of giving out candy. Sounds like a perfect evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good to feel closer to normal. Seems with the waves of Covid, you have to take advantage of the times when it feels even a little safer, to do "safe brave", and combat the effects of the lock down times!

      Delete

Plans versus actuals

  This is one that could have been predicted:  I got out the hose and filled the kiddie pool while Ember was finishing one of her puppy naps...