Sunday, July 10, 2022

In case you're wondering where the cats are...

 

The Prisoner is hiding in the tall grass / bushes, of course.  I could hear him before he made himself visible.  This is near the spot where I put out food for him.  He complained loudly to the management but would not accept an upgrade in his accommodations, as that would put him inside with the d-o-g!

Prisoner does not appear any the worse for wear.  I have yet to spot Rubia.  But the food does disappear.



Can you spot the food dish? 
It's blue; if you're blue/green color-blind you might miss it.


I won't go out and cut the brush down until after Carl goes home, as it's "cover" for the felines.



Back to Carl adventures

Sunday morning, Carl and his Grandma went to the same dog park as on Saturday.  We went even earlier, just at 7 a.m.  Grandma is carefully watching how Carl carries himself, especially the left rear quarter.  He was favoring it a bit yesterday morning, then seemed to "shake it off" and continued his zoomies.  This morning, it looked at one point in the romp (about half way around the first loop) as though he was favoring it, but then proceeded to chase around with the other visitors.  We (Carl and Grandma) checked the paws carefully on the return home.  Nothing amiss, no thorns or wounds.  And he's walking OK now.  Just a "keep an eye on it" situation, at this point.  Not to be a hypochondriac on behalf of the dog, but he is in my charge.

Carl just chilling at Grandma's house.

Carl has adopted a new habit this visit.  He has taken up a behavior that Diamond used to good effect... see Grandma at the computer?  Poke your nose under her mouse hand and gaze into her eyes with a pleading expression.  "Remember me?  I'm wholly dependent on you, and I'm bored with you sitting at that keyboard, or playing with your phone.  Let me outside.  Come play with me!"

It works just as well for him as it did for his predecessor.  😁

So Grandma takes boring photos and videos of her chill houseguest.  She throws the ball.  She works on the command to keep his paws on the deck, not the rail.  We have now survived four of seven sleeps.  Only two of them were interrupted by trips outside in the middle of the night.  Meanwhile, "the kids" have toured Sylvan Lake (hiking the whole loop) and Custer State Park.

On Sunday Carson (neighbor boy) came by to mow, and fortunately I noticed before letting Carl out.  Sunday's a pretty normal day for him to do so, and I had a sharp eye open, just in case.  Carl only barked a little, and I was proud of him, watching through the window.  I later had to put the bark/training collar on as he went nuts when the neighbor across the street put his weed whacker into action, and the other neighbor across the street was out rocking that little 2 month old son on his front porch.



The math nerd in my brain does this with dates:

I was born a scant number of days after my mother's 23rd birthday.  Three years ago Sunday I attained the exact age in days that she was the day she died.  That milestone was overshadowed by the huge event of my brother's passing, just a scant number of days later.  Yes, having a nerdy math brain does weird things to one's contemplations!

The day proceeded to get hot, and grandma took a nap between getting updates from the road trippers, who hit the badlands of S. Dakota today, triggering thoughts from my geology class in college.  The place they have been to so far that has changed the most in the past 60 years?  Has to be Wall Drug Store.  

May your Sunday blessings last the week long.  Remember to breathe, hydrate, stay in the shade and get your rest, if the weather where you are is anything like the heat we're getting here!

Life is good.  Spark on!  🔥✨💖

12 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness! Those poor kitties. Tossed to the curb (metaphorically speaking) due to a dog in the house, rates right up there similar to being tossed aside for a tiny human. ;-)

    "She works on the command to keep his paws on the deck, not the rail." Not that it's any of my business, but curiosity causes me to ask, "Why?"

    On an unrelated note, I've been thinking about your critique of Discovery stream. I just bought a "smart tv". So far, I only stream HBO max, which is why I bought the tv in the first place. There are more shows than I'll ever be able to consume in one lifetime. Currently, I'm involved with "The Visitor". Kind of like a sci-fi Fargo...stupidly funny! I was thinking about Disney Plus, in order to access the Marvel world. If you have knowledge of this service, I welcome any input you can offer.

    Are you by chance on the Google maintaining weight team? Spark had a direct way to contact members for this kind of conversation and I miss that.

    After being tossed to the curb, the kitties deserve a bit of cream and pate (can't figure out how to put l'accent aigu over the e in pate) as a reward and put some sparkle in their lives. (big smile)

    Have a sparkling week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeping his paws on the deck, not the rail is his Daddy's rule. And I'm noticing how rickety the railing is becoming (it's as old as the house) so trying to enforce his Daddy's rule.

      I've never had Discovery stream, so have no critique to offer. I did have Disney+ to get the Mandalorian last year, and enjoyed it until I just wasn't attracted to the shows any more. I'm not a huge Marvel fan, so that didn't keep me there.

      I wanted Showtime for Billions, and then later for First Lady, but have dropped that channel for now. I rotate based on which series I especially want to see. I am on Sling for live TV and Paramount plus for access to the most recent Star Trek series. I do have Amazon Prime and that brings several interesting (to me) series with it, too.

      Pricing, you can sometimes get deals, which I did for Peacock Premium that got me through the Boston Marathon and Ironman World Championships in the sports world, but dropped it after that.

      The kitties will get their Pate when Carl leaves, of course.

      And no, I'm really not anywhere right now... not tracking, not on MFP, not on Google groups, just blogging here. Blogging is truly my best tool, although if I really want to succeed at weight loss, I do need to track.

      Delete
  2. How funny, Scooter does the same thing when I'm on the laptop. I'm usually sitting on the couch and he sits as close as he can to me and then stares at me.

    Right now I got Hula for .99 each month on Black Friday and Discovery Plus $4.99 also on Black Friday. I do get other streaming service through Xfinity like Peacock. We had HBO when Game of Thrones was on, but got rid of it after. Now it looks like the prequel series in coming next and will probably get that again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pick and choose what fits your budget. I went with Peacock premium on a deal last Black Friday, too. I've since dropped it, as don't want to pay full price... it was a six month deal.

      Those pups know how to convince you of their needs, don't they?

      Delete
  3. Right there with you on the calculations. It's been brought home again as DH's cousin is micro-improving after being on life support for 5 weeks and just removed to be on her own; major heart issues with multiple surgeries. She's younger than we are which started the whole 'who did what age when' math! I keep telling the 'miracle man' he's in a lot better shape than he thought he was, and yet, Eeyore drops his silver lining to embrace the cloud! Sigh!

    Road trip has me itchy!!!!! Feels like a retro blog...stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying my virtual road trips this year. All the memories, none of the hassle... BUT... makes me itchy to go do one "for reals", too.

      The date math... brain sort of does that on its own whether I want it to or not. Funny thing, I've gained some weight but feel stronger and healthier than I did 3 years ago!

      Delete
    2. Hmm, same here in the health dept. I've even been told I appear different, more strong. I'll take it!

      Delete
    3. Good news to feel healthier, for sure. Like you, I'll take it!

      Delete
  4. Isn't it great how we can follow people on their trips, getting up dates and photos as they go. Remember the days calling collect and them not accepting the charges just to get them the message you arrived where you were going? Photos having to wait until one had money to get them developed and having multi-copies to share around?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I *do* remember those days, and somehow they don't seem like that long ago to me, but they are ancient history to "the kids". When Grandpa went to war, Grandma had to wait for ships to bring his letters home. When my son went, most of the time I had instant messaging! Life does change, and technology drives those changes. In many ways, it's amazing, in others, troubling.

      Delete
  5. Glad Prisoner and Rubia are doing well. Yes, that’s a well hidden spot for the food dish.

    LOL! Fur babies have a way of getting their ‘needed’ attention. LOL

    Sounds like Carl is being a good house guest. Good boy, Carl!

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is being a good guest. I'm impressed with how well his people have raised him. One lady at the dog park said that dogs kind of "get it" at 3 years, but I think consistently behaving humans make the biggest difference in them making that connection.

      Wishing you and Lilly, and your whole tribe a good week ahead!

      Delete

You take pictures because...

  I don't know about you, but I take pictures so that when the trying times happen (and they do)... you can look back at the sweetness, ...