Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Day 2: today I am grateful

 

Today I am thankful the peace that comes from the fact that Ember does not bark at squirrels.  I can't even take credit for it, even though I was careful not to use the word in front of her or excite her over their existence.  I think a good part of it is just in her genes!

Here's a link to a video of the squirrel running across the top of the fence.  If you turn on the audio, you can hear the absence of barking.  Ember was sitting right below on the shed pad, with me.

Life is good.  Spark on.

7 comments:

  1. Yesterday morning, in preparation for tomorrow's predicted freeze, I opened the house and turned on the furnace to eliminate the first burn smell. No blower fan. A new thermostat was installed in May, so a phone call the heating/air conditioning company was made. The service guy found a wire that was not connected. The problem was corrected in less that 5 minutes with no charge. I am very grateful!!

    My goofy dog doesn't bark at squirrels, but the birds and wild critters are another story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ember's a fairly quiet companion. She does bark when she thinks I have abandoned her, but not for very long. She settles pretty quickly.

      Delete
  2. ALICIA363
    👋🏻 🤗 ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Ember! Miss Lilly . . . OH MY. She is vocal w/squirrels, chipmunks, birds, rabbits. Ah well, my "emergency alert" system.

    hugs
    barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes having a barking alert is a good thing. Especially when potty training a puppy?

      Delete
  4. That is so good! I don't know many dogs that don't go nuts when they see a squirrel. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I quite deliberately worked at NOT exciting her, not even voicing the word Squirrel until the "white noise" kind of behavior was well established. I don't think this would have worked, though, if she were a different dog.

      Delete

Day 2: today I am grateful

  Today I am thankful the peace that comes from the fact that Ember does not bark at squirrels.  I can't even take credit for it, even t...