Friday, June 24, 2022

Carl becomes a minor celebrity

 Imagine my surprise and smile this morning when the local news aired its "Good News Friday" segment and among the items was a photo of my Grand-dog, Carl!

Good News Friday is something a lot of local stations do, under various names.  They encourage viewers to send in photos that make them smile.  Well, the mythical son's very community minded father-in-law to be is on a campaign supporting the Community Free Markets, and as part of their publicity, he took a photo of Carl at their recent event.


Carl on greeter duties.  His "Grandpa Bob" wanted to let folks know this was a pet-friendly event, so he sent this photo to the newspaper a couple of weeks ago, and it showed up there, too.  Apparently he sent the same photo to the TV station, and this morning among others, it got picked to be aired.

Of course, I had to post to facebook, congratulating Bob on getting Carl on the air!  And a hilarious family back and forth has ensued, and doggos with swelled heads, etc.

Pets, beware who your people connect with... you might just end up with your 15 minutes of fame.


In more mundane "news", it didn't rain yesterday so I was out pulling hoses in the evening, then the rain started this morning, so at least I don't have to water the clover seed this morning!  The ground was thirsty, for sure.

It felt so good to step outside this morning into the gentle rain as I pulled the garbage bins back from the curb.

And later in the day, I see they are commemorating the collapse of that building in Florida... was that really only a year ago?  Is it just me, or is the news cycle incredibly rapid?  So much happens and we hear so much, it seems that more time must have elapsed!  But no, we are just over-informed.  

Good time to take a break from it all, right?  That is one of my standard pep talk bullets, "be informed, but not alarmed", and if it starts to get to you, turn it off!

Here's to a fine weekend ahead, taking care of your body, soul, and mind's needs.  Listen to the inner, not the outer voices!  And hug a puppy!

Life is good.  Spark on!


16 comments:

  1. Is Carl giving out pawtographs now? Corny, but I couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Son says: "Carl has opted out of his contract and is considering options with the Los Angeles Lakers. I am trying to convince him the work doesn't involve lake fetch but it's not getting through to him.Thanks Bob" I imagine if he were to sign with the Lakers, he would give pawtographs... LOL!

      Delete
  2. I got a pup hug this morning! My nephew got dragged (drugged?) over to my porch 😁 The porch was hot (the sun beams on it all morning) so it was a quick visit, but I loved every second of it!
    Congrats on becoming a famous grandma!
    -RunKeeper Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Grandma to a mildly famous pup, maybe, but certainly not famous myself! Glad you got your canine fix today!

      Delete
  3. Congrats to Carl on his instant fame. Newspaper and television. With all the fandom, let's hope he doesn't get too big for his collar. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it may be too late for the hope about outgrowing his collar... he already is about as spoiled a pup as one can be. His Grandma just put in a new fence for him and hopes he doesn't outgrow THAT with his ego. LOL!

      Delete
  4. That's a great picture of Carl and congrats on that. He deserves a special treat or two for that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure he got them, too! LOL... your Scooter is handsome enough he deserves air time, too.

      Delete
  5. Like you I watched the commemoration and I can't fathom how it's only been a year. Sooo much has happened.
    I'm sure Carl won't let that go to his head ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL... he's still fairly grounded for as spoiled a pup as he is. I'm thinking the speed of information pushed at us just keeps increasing. SCOTUS certainly has landed a couple of heavy hits this week!

      Delete
  6. Wow, only a year. Yes, we have so much flying by in the news that it just seems overwhelming. I agree with you, when it does best to shut it off. I can see why Carl is so famous because he is so handsome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, handsome and sometimes a bit too enthusiastic. I am bracing myself for the week I'll have him next month. He's not a fan of fireworks, though, so we have to live through a week of noisy before he comes to me, and I'm glad it's his regular parents who have to plan around the July 4th craziness. They live close enough to the public display grounds that it will be a challenge. Last year they took him out of town during that week, to a place where it was quieter.

      Delete
  7. Love that Carl’s a celebrity…what a nice surprise!! Your yard is going to look great with its new fence and grass…you are ticking thru your “to-do” list!! I agree with you…I watch the evening local and world news and that is it for me! Too much is overwhelming! Happy Saturday! ❤️Eissa7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May your Saturday be calm. I'm watching a dark movie, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1. I'd been wending my way through the Harry Potter movies to avoid news! At least when the movies are dark-themed, I know it's fiction.

      Delete
  8. So wonderful Carl has his 15 minutes of fame! Carl . . . an ambassador of good will! Handsome picture of a handsome boy!

    Here's to a good weekend.

    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a typical canine in that he takes it all in stride... as long as his favorite human is about!

      Delete

Plans versus actuals

  This is one that could have been predicted:  I got out the hose and filled the kiddie pool while Ember was finishing one of her puppy naps...