Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Cranberry curd tart recipe

 By special request by MamieAllie, the link is here.  The tart my daughter in law makes.

Fair warning, it's an even bigger production than my olive filled baked cheese puffs.  Definitely a special occasion treat!  I hope you can access the link.  It includes a further link to a video showing the process, as well as of course the step by step instructions.

It involves roasting hazelnuts, and using rice flour for the gluten-free crust, and starting the curd from fresh cranberries.  I believe that is orange zest and a couple of whole cranberries for the center garnish, although that's not shown in the linked recipe.

And I will personally vouch for the layered sweet/tart flavors!  Yum!

Life is good.  Keep on Sparking!

8 comments:

  1. great recipe! thank you

    hugs
    barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you decide to try it, let me know what you think. (( hugs ))

      Delete
  2. This sounds yummy! Also like a lot of work! Her family must be loved to deserve such a scrumptious treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! A LOT of work. She posts progress photos on her FB story, and I am in awe.

      Delete
  3. Great! Thanks so much and yup you are right, a lot of work but perhaps I shall given it a try one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes even reading a recipe is satisfying enough and gives one a springboard to your own creations! Until I followed the link I had forgotten about the hazelnut / rice flour composition of the crust!

      Enjoy!

      Delete
  4. I thought just the crust looked delicious (I watched the vid), but then the filling … salivating
    -RunKeeper Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm passing all the admiration along to DIL tomorrow when we gather for Chinese dinner (rescheduled due to snow on Christmas Day).

      Delete

You take pictures because...

  I don't know about you, but I take pictures so that when the trying times happen (and they do)... you can look back at the sweetness, ...