Wednesday, September 15, 2021

It must be Autumn

 When Orion is rising in the pre-dawn light...

You may have to expand the photo to see the constellation well... but I'm thrilled with how much better phone cameras are.  Mine's about a year old, but it was such a huge improvement over the last one that I keep trying these "night" shots.

Still, Orion was a huge marker of the seasons for me, growing up.  He would be sailing across the Southern sky in the evenings in November and December when we would be driving back from the various grandparent visits.  Mom would get us kids singing campfire songs as we traveled, and there would be Orion, in the sky, pacing us.

But today, he was rising in the 6 a.m. hour, and that indicates about where we are in the calendar... mid-September, the start of Autumn.

As if to go along with my buddy Orion, the temperature is cool, in the 53℉ (11.7℃) range, to start the day.  Later it will rise, says the weather man, but I have time to do a grocery run and prescription pick up, and still have decent temperatures for exercise outdoors, after.

How Fall-ish does it feel?

It feels like jeans!  So, I put on my fresh pair, straight from the dryer, and rejoiced that they zipped comfortably.  I wore them to the grocery store / pharmacy, and changed into shorts for my interval training.

It was beautiful down by the lake, where I went to run.  I fired up the ancient Garmin watch to give me run/walk cues, even if it doesn't sync any more.  

And I ran/walked intervals of 1 minute run to 1 minute walk, all the way around the lake, and included the tail beyond the main dam face.  It was a pleasant, day, what I call a 3-dimensional day because of how trees and buildings seem to pop right out at one.

The tops of the trees are starting to turn yellow, and the lake was smooth.  I was not lonely out there doing my thing... seems like everyone who isn't in school or at a job is enjoying this fine weather.

I covered a little over 5K, 3.26 miles, and stretched at a convenient picnic table near where I had parked Dexter (my car).  

Such a sense of peace is filling me this morning.  A gift I acknowledge and accept.

May my fellow Spark refugees also find that sense of inner peace.

Let us live this one and only Wednesday, September 15, 2021 we shall ever be given, best can do, wherever we are in our lives.  And that "best can do" is enough.  We are where we are meant to be, today, and each day as it arrives.

For life is goodSpark on!  ✨💖🎇🔥

18 comments:

  1. Fall is my favorite season. Great photo of Orion. Enjoyed your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I just love the feel of this time of year. You just can't help but get moving I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall is my #1 favorite season (followed by Spring). LOVE the pic of Orion. AND the pic of YOU. LOoking good, Barb!

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because you mention the morning sky, are you familiar with the Stellarium app?
    Stellarium is a free open source planetarium for your computer. It shows a realistic sky in 3D, just like what you see with the naked eye, binoculars or a telescope.

    You can download it at the play store or on Google Play.
    There are descriptions and pictures here:
    https://stellarium-web.org/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stellarium is new to me... going to have to check it out.

      Delete
    2. Will you please let me know what you think? DGD and I love it. She's taken an interest in something science related. I'm thrilled.

      Delete
    3. I've only done a little peeking, but it is fascinating! Things I used to know, long ago... proper labels, where the pliades sit, etc... pop up on my web page.

      Delete
  5. Sure loved your bog and pictures and hey you look great in those jeans. Yes, it is wonderful to feel peace. The cooler weather sure does help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Jeans for me are "work pants", as they are more protective in the great outdoors, so, yes, the cool weather brings them out of the drawers and closets!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful blog thank you I really enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, you can feel it in the air. It's been chilly at night and early in the morning here. However, once the afternoon hits we're reminded that it's summer with the high 90's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are still getting some 90's in the afternoons, too.

      Delete

Work in progress

 The woodpecker situation, work in progress At this point in the process, Jeremy the handyman had removed three smallish pieces of the sidin...